The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

2G evo 3 intake manifold w/ a MDP sensor

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GoCanes777

10+ Year Contributor
Jun 17, 2010
Tamarac, Florida
Before 100 replies come in to do my research or this question has been answered hear me out. I know how many vacuum ports the manifold has, I have already ported my 1g n/t Tb to match to manifold. I understand I can delete my mdp sensor all together using link, I also understand I have to take into consideration blocking or recirculating the coolant line from the tb.

My plan is to keep my mdp sensor and run a evo III rvr manifold on my 2g head. The only three opinions I've gotten so far are delete the mdp sensor with link you don't need it. Tap a new vacuum line and place it in the mdp sensor mounted somewhere else or have a machine shop mod the manifold to run the sensor. I'm no welder or fabricator what's your guys opinion on this subject should I just delete the sensor and get the CE light to disappear with link? What's the down side ? My ideal plan would be to have a shop make the manifold able to run the mdp sensor. Also if anyone has already tackled his problem post some pics all responses will be taken into consideration. Thanks ahead of time.

Edit: MDP, not MAP.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 1,257
Last edited by a moderator:
That's what I use with my EVO 3 intake. Cheaper that having all of the welding and fabrication needed to put the MAP sensor on the manifold like the factory piece.

The MDP is part of the EGR system , the RVR and EVO manifolds have no place for an EGR either so there's no point in keeping the sensor if you have ecmlink. There is no downside to removing the MDP besides the CEL it will not affect performance.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back