The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

Evo 3 hub and slider (bulk order)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I am putting around 400 to the wheels currently, but I should be between 500 and 600 in the very near future. It's a street car I will be taking to the strip pretty regularly. I just want a somewhat durable transmission that I can maintain and have it last a little while. Sounds like a 92 core with EVO 3/4 gears is the way to go for me. Would it be worth it to have the gears and shafts shot peened and cryo treated by liberty before it goes back together?
I am in the same boat, I have been dealing with Lumpyvr4 to get 3/4 hub slider made by par. As of right now I have an evo 3 input shaft, 1st,3rd,4th and 5th gear. for my trans rebuild. The services are pretty cheap to have done to those parts treated. I will be sending all my stuff there when I get everything together. I am using a 91.5-92 transmission. I am also running a 2.3 liter stroker in my car. So far it sounds like we have 4 people interested in getting these made. I posted an ad in a few groups on facebook with little to no response on this subject.

Last I heard there is an individual in Europe who is in the prototype testing stage of his own hub/slider, based on a genuine piece. The price was quite reasonable on it, he was just making sure that it worked as well in practice as it did in theory before selling it.
FYI (I was wrong about Europe, it's Australia). Full Evo 3 set of hub/sliders.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Received hub/sliders. They're so shiny I don't want to put them in a box where I can't see them. Measurements taken with my no name brand cheap verniers. They matched the matched an old factory set I compared them to within 0.2mm or less.
1/2 pics.

3/4 5/R pics

Neat gerboxes also said they wre goning to do a stronger 3/4th gearset hopfylly to next year

/A

I've been trying to find info on evo3 vs dsm. What are the 1/2 and 3/4 hub/sleeve differences anyway?

Not sure about the exact details, but the evo ones are designed to work with double synchros, and they are forged steel rather than powdered metal like DSM ones are so will handle more torque before failing.
Guessing there has to be some dimensional change.

Received hub/sliders. They're so shiny I don't want to put them in a box where I can't see them. Measurements taken with my no name brand cheap verniers. They matched the matched an old factory set I compared them to within 0.2mm or less.
1/2 pics.

Did you get a chance to assemble it and run it in your car? Can you give us a feedback on how it went? I am looking to order these too but want your thoughts on it.

I have not yet. It has taken a while to assemble all of the parts for a complete rebuild. I am actually delivering the parts to my builder tomorrow morning so he can make a start on it. I'll get his thoughts on them and keep you posted as things move along.
Keep us updated, I'm wanting to order these soon.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back