The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

EVO 3 BOV adapters?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheRippedNerd

Proven Member
May 1, 2021
Denver, Colorado
I'm looking into buying either a Super SQV4 Sequential Blow Off Valve or Greddy FV but have stock piping on my EVO 3, first question: which one sounds better? I want more of high pitch whistle. Second question: which type of adapter will I need for my stock rubber piping? I'm seeing alot of these "t-pipe" kits with the mount on top, but idk how that fits my stock set up due to my bov pipe/turbo inlet has almost a 45 degree angle bend on it?

Upgrade your piping? Sounds always give goosebumps but boost more then you’ll have options for BOV. IMO I go with recirculated I’ve owned 8+ 9 and forums mentioned those are best. But if you have stock piping go bigger bro

My car's old setup had the SSQV but it wasn't on stock piping; it's pretty quiet and I don't think you would notice much difference with it set up to be recirculated. The Evo 123 has a recirculating bypass valve from the factory, not a vent-to-atmosphere blow off. If you vent the stock setup without retuning the ECU for it, it's going to run rich on shifts and you'll lose turbo/engine response. It's a crap feeling, trust me.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

My car's old setup had the SSQV but it wasn't on stock piping; it's pretty quiet and I don't think you would notice much difference with it set up to be recirculated. The Evo 123 has a recirculating bypass valve from the factory, not a vent-to-atmosphere blow off. If you vent the stock setup without retuning the ECU for it, it's going to run rich on shifts and you'll lose turbo/engine response. It's a crap feeling, trust me.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.
where did you get your RS intake pipe?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back