The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Is this a Evo 3 16G?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlipGear

15+ Year Contributor
Nov 30, 2004
Laurel, Delaware
I just bought what i believe to be a Evo 3 16g turbo. I am about 90% sure. I just wanted to see what you guys thought of it. Its got a td05h housing. The wastegate works and there is no shaft play. The best part is I picked it up off a guy for $70.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

The pictures are too fuzzy. Just post up the serial number.

How can you possibly tell without seeing the serial number?

Because the EVO actuator has an extended edge where the left bolt hole is. Also because the side of that turbo's turbine inlet flange is flat, not contoured like the EVO 16g.

I just bought a car, and the turbo has EVO III cast in to the compressor housing. Is this most likely one of the fake/cheap/chinese EVO III turbos that everyone seems to stay away from?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back