The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

evo 16g turbo And Injectors ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ubpiped

Probationary Member
Aug 1, 2004
Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
Hey guys wanted to know what you all think. I just bought an evo 16g with evo manifold, and 650cc injectors. I have a front mount, intake, blow-off valve,sfac boost controll. I know I have to rewire my fuel pump but will I really notice any difference or problems I dont really have any fuel management or anything Is there something I can do or just start upgrading my fuel? Thanks for your help ;)

what would you call that afc if its not a fuel management system? also a logger and a wideband would be a very smart investment

wideband is a must tuning blind is not a good a idea your safc will be hard to tune the 650s on i wouldnt run the injectors and more boost untill you get a wideband but its your motor

You need an fpr an a fuel pump. Your stock one can work but wont last long. It will be over worked. Best bet is to upgrade to the warbro 255hp, and you wouldnt even have to rewire your fuel pump. Which i think thats a waste of time. Its easer to upgrade your battery than that, and your going to upgrade your battery anyway in the end for your system.

Thanks guys, One more question. Is there any type of fpr I should buy? And Im sorry I have the apexi avcr.:coy:

Thanks guys, One more question. Is there any type of fpr I should buy? And Im sorry I have the apexi avcr.:coy:

Aeromotive fpr's are popular and reliable. That's what I use.

You cannot run your car reliably on the 650's without some kind of fuel management/injector compensation...SAFC1/2, eprom chip, maft, DSMLink, etc. You'll be unbelievably rich otherwise.

If you don't have an SAFC as mentioned in the first post or any other sort of fuel control, then installing those new injectors is a big NO, until you get such a device. You will also need something to log with, to make sure your not having any issues. A wideband is nice but it doesn't take priority over a logger. Just because you set your air/fuel ratio to what should be safe with a wideband, this doesn't necessarly mean this is safe with your setup (or you may have other issues). Get the fuel controller & logger first, then worry about the wideband as it defently does help the tuning procedure once you have the other pieces taken care of.

Depending on your goals a 190 pump may be fine for you & then you can save the money from purchasing an fpr & put it towards your fuel control. That is if budget is abit of a concern.

What about putting an evo pump in with evo injectors? Both out of a IX. Planning on getting link v3 when it comes out, but do I need an FPR for the evo pump? It's not rewired. Just with the pump it shows 10.2 AFR up to 11.1 AFR at 10 creep to 15psi. Ubpiped: you can pick up an evo IX pump for like $30 shipped on evolutionm.net. Injectors are like $100 shipped (I know you have 650's but you can do this for now). They're 560cc injectors, the pump is capable of 235lph rewired. Don't get an evo 8 pump, it runs out of lph as pressure goes up. I have an e3 16g and this is my plan right now.

You need an fpr an a fuel pump. Your stock one can work but wont last long. It will be over worked. Best bet is to upgrade to the warbro 255hp, and you wouldnt even have to rewire your fuel pump. Which i think thats a waste of time. Its easer to upgrade your battery than that, and your going to upgrade your battery anyway in the end for your system.
???????????

All batteries for madern US cars supply 12volts. Fuel pump flow is based on voltage not current, hense the fuel pump rewire mod. So a 'better battery' won't help your fuel pump flow more. As well, even if a 'battery upgrade' would raise the voltage seen by a fuel pump, a better battery than stock would cost $80+. A fuel pump rewire costs about $30.

The evo9 fuel pump is a better choice than the evo8 fuel pump, because of the internal relieve valve in the evo8 pump.

88416d1224430184-stock-intank-fuel-pump-feeding-255-inline-evo-fuel-pump-flow.jpg

REWIRED, the evo9 fuel pump is good for 167LPH fuel flow at 70psi fuel pressure. That is enough flow to run 700cc injectors at 100% injector dyty cycle. 70psi fuel pressure is 43psi stock base fuel pressure for a 2g and 28more psi for 28psi boost!!! An evo3 16g doesn't need more than 650s and can't push much more than 28psi even on a stock long block. So this fuel pump is a good choice for you and the OP, if you rewire it. I don't know about the fuel pressure regulator overrun. I doubt it will overrun it though.

Yes, you need and safc or maft or better.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back