The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

EVO 16g and FP2 cams vs Larger turbo advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Well..Since the Green installs like a 20g with a downfacing housing...Im going with the with LICP for a 20g :)

I sort of have the same feelings as Andy. I want the reliability of Mitsu for my turbo. The Green uses a 20g center section and 6H wheel. The hit and miss quality of the other hybrids is something I cannot afford. I am only going to do this once, hopefully :thumb: .

Im going to bring this thread back from the dead. After alot of down time and some soul searching, I went another route. I ended up realizing that having a "quick" car with some semblance of reliability is better than a big turbo FWD monster that I cant keep on the road. I want this car for fun. I decided on using a Evo16g with the Brian Crower 272s. I need to get the car running and tuned. I can drive a year on the 16g, then sell it and move on. I cant justify going from a half assed tuned B16g, before my motor let go, to a huge setup. I feel the time would be better spent maximizing an E16g and getting all the supprting mods and kinks out of the way. A 320 whp pump gas car that is drivable is more important than a dyno queen. I modded several cars in my life past the point of driviablilty. It seems the further I push myself the more I settle into the middle. Thanks for the help. I will try to keep this thread alive. The last bit of parts have come in. Im pulling my ECU out for some chipping. Hopefully in a month or so the DSM will be running again. :dsm:

Don't feel bad about changing your mind. I think your thought process is very sound and makes perfect sense with respect to meeting your goals. Look at me. After all of my "I'm only going to buy an MHI or FP turbo" ranting, I ended up with a Garrett 50 trim and I love it.

If you wanted OEM qaulity a 20G would be the best choice seeing your Fwd, but they are kidna pricey.

Im also share the same thinking as you, the more I want the more problems will come into play.

A simple good setup, thats daily driver freindly and will LAST along time is the best way to go.

Just get a set of Nitto DRs because your going to need them..

e16g w/ fp1 cams is an awesome combo for a fwd. No matter what, traction will always be an issue with our cars making over 300hp.

I went from a s16g to a fully setup e16g (i.e. cams, dsmlink, fmic) and let me tell you the car does not need anymore power for the street (could use a little more on trackdays though, but that's where the nitrous comes in). Overall. you'll be pleased with that setup for a street driven car. Not much lag, good power, and topnotch relibaility.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back