The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Evil gauges?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

at the bottom is states that the boost gauge is sold out..

My bad, didn't read it close enough, I saw evil "gauge" and took it as singular...

You crack me up Killa.

They seem to just be a more ricey version of the Defi gauges with a remote. imo

Man, no wonder why everyone says dsm'ers are cheap skates. 3 gauges for $100 is very very cheap. Even for 1 gauge that isn't a bad deal.
All my gauges cost over $100+ new.
$130 for my boost gauge
$125 for my water temp
$155 for my oil pressure

All Stri dsd SLM II gauges.

the only thing i don't like about smoked gauges is that you can't see them in the day that good!!

very true, when i did my review on the glowshift gauges, they were the black 7 color. it sucked during the day, you always had to have them on. thats why I wired a switch to turn them on whenever, not the usual method of tapping to the headlight switch.

I love the fact that most in here can not read and understand what they are reading, it really shows us what is becoming of the dsm community.
Also the fact people are ready to cry over $100/gauge that seem to be actually worth that much if they read decent and provide the features they advertise.

Very few DSMers. Mass abundance of us are cheap as free coffee. Gauges are one of the last things I would cheap out on. They read your vitals. I bought the new amber-lit Greddy's at far more than $100 a pop, and would do it again anytime. To each his own.

Ditto, I "have" (up to interpretation) to stare at my boost gauge whenever I'm in the car, do I wanna be looking at some hunk of junk with a giant "GLOW SHIFT" badge on the face of it that brings down the value of the concrete my car sits on? And yes, RedTurboEclipse, I understand many have success with those.. but no one can argue the gaudiness of that damned logo.

I LOVE my Defi-D boost gauge. However, since that particular line is discontinued, these sure are attractive, and matching, for the money. $100/3 isn't bad at all. Do you guys think you're going to hold out till gauges are only $5 a piece? I might get a pair of these today.

EDIT: One last thing.. these retail for up to $150 each from vendors online!

EDIT 2: RedTurboEclipse, where did you see that they had a 2 gauge deal? I really only need 2, not 3.

Now that I see you get three gauges for that price, it seems pretty cheap. However that would make me question the quality of the gauges. All the extra features don't mean anything if the readings are not accurate. But I have personally never ran them...

You crack me up Killa.

They seem to just be a more ricey version of the Defi gauges with a remote. imo

I personally have to agree, a remote control for you gauges seems a bit ricey...but if their cheap and work good I guess you can't complain...

yea i hate the glowshift name and logo, so its nice that they aren't that big on the gauge.

check the seller's store for the EVIL gauges, they have a deal for 2 gauges for $60-ish, but if its not there, just keep checking back.

However that would make me question the quality of the gauges.

People that use aftermarket oil pressure sensors seem to be replacing that sensor quite a bit and they use quality parts on gauges that are over $100/each, I would also question the quality. So $33 a gauge WITH the oil pressure sender, or even water temp sensor etc, how accurate can it be?

Ditto, I "have" (up to interpretation) to stare at my boost gauge whenever I'm in the car, do I wanna be looking at some hunk of junk with a giant "GLOW SHIFT" badge on the face of it that brings down the value of the concrete my car sits on? And yes, RedTurboEclipse, I understand many have success with those.. but no one can argue the gaudiness of that damned logo.

I LOVE my Defi-D boost gauge. However, since that particular line is discontinued, these sure are attractive, and matching, for the money. $100/3 isn't bad at all. Do you guys think you're going to hold out till gauges are only $5 a piece? I might get a pair of these today.

EDIT: One last thing.. these retail for up to $150 each from vendors online!

EDIT 2: RedTurboEclipse, where did you see that they had a 2 gauge deal? I really only need 2, not 3.
IIRC Defi still makes the d-gauge, however not in the old orange color (which was the best IMO, I should have never sold mine)
They make them in ricer blue and racer red.

these are the gauges i got on ebay a while back for my beater. i never got a chance to review them, i dont know why.. i got lazy

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

they are 52mm mount, but 60mm face. the chrome bezel with built in visor is not my style, but lets just say they were at a price i could not refuse.

excuse the high oil pressure reading, that was before the pressure sender was installed.

it has a convex lens as well. the boost gauge was accurate, and just like the glowshift gauges i reviewed, i used a 60mm greddy mechanical boost gauge to compare accuracy and both read the same. i just sold the greddy gauge so i dont really have any other "reputable brand name over $100+ gauge" that the brand name lemmings would be satisfied with for me to compare to, so no more reviews of cheap boost gauges from me.

my car now has 145k miles from the 127k you see in the picture while running these gauges. I can't compare the accuracy of the oil pressure gauge to anything else, but it has worked fine, showing low oil pressure on idle, and steady readings in cruise and increased while WOT.

I daily drive this car and nothing has failed on me thus far with these cheap gauges.

Well I guess this was my small review for them. If these gauges worked just fine, and these were totally off the wall WTF kind of gauges are these, and I had success with them.... ill try anything else without hesitation..

send it to me and ill test them for you scaredy cats

Last edited by a moderator:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back