The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

2G Everything needed galant 6bolt in 2g Auto

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Quent

Probationary Member
Nov 3, 2020
Cincinnati, Ohio
Hello I just purchased this jdm galant 6 bolt seen below. It's going in my 1997 spyder gst Auto. My friend was going to drop the engine in for me, I've seen something about a 6 bolt needs a kit for it to work with a 2g Auto ? And If anyone can tell me anything else miscellaneous that I need to order now so the time the engine arrives we have everything needed that will make it compatible. It comes with no ecu. i still have my old 7 bolt from the spyder what parts from that should I have interchanged with the new swap? Thankyou

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I did this same swap a long time ago so I’m probably missing some details. You’ll need the kiggly adapter plate kit and flexplate. I think I also had to do an external oil cooler too due to the oil filter housing that comes on these. I used The 2g sensors and 1g CAS. The 2g driver side motor mount has to be modified. I also ditched the cyclone manifold for a 1g manifold at one point after The swap. Here’s a good guide https://magnusmotorsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/1gina2g.pdf

I did this same swap a long time ago so I’m probably missing some details. You’ll need the kiggly adapter plate kit and flexplate. I think I also had to do an external oil cooler too due to the oil filter housing that comes on these. I used The 2g sensors and 1g CAS. The 2g driver side motor mount has to be modified. I also ditched the cyclone manifold for a 1g manifold at one point after The swap. Here’s a good guide https://magnusmotorsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/1gina2g.pdf
Thankyou can I use a 2g manifold on the 6 bolt? I don't have a 1g except the cyclone manifold

The 2g manifold has smaller runners on it. It will technically bolt up but I don't know if it will seal. The openings on a 1g head are larger than they are on your 2g manifold.
You could post up a WTB ad for a 1g intake. I bet there are plenty out there or grab one of THESE, those guys are very helpful.
Marty

I just found a used one locally for cheap. You don’t need to replace it, just zip tie the flapper things open. I found it made mounting stuff like the coil packs and transistor a pain, it was also much bigger so It was in the way doing anything behind the engine.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back