The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Ever raced a car that you don't know what it is?

Did you ever raced a car that you didn't know what it was?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BMWHATR

15+ Year Contributor
Jun 1, 2004
Chicago, Illinois
So i was driving yesterday on From Woodfield to Naperville (355 to 88) And i see a lancer pull up to me. So The first thing I look at is the back light and a spoiler. Regular light(not evo) and no spoiler. The Front lights like evo's but not blue.(regular light) Also noticed a scoop on the hood. But this is all after I try to pull on him.

So he fly's by me and my friend is like go get this guy. So I didn't even bother downshifting just stayed on 5th. (currently @ 10psi or what ever the Evo III stock boost is)was catching up to him and next thing you know he drops it and takes off.... 3-5 cars The first thing that popped into my mind WTF evo? but my friend kept on telling me its just hooked up lancer.

After passing toll I catch up to him again this time I drop it to 3rd and he dos the same I think. So he started pulling on me only this time about 1/2 a car buy the end of 3rd it was more like 3/4.I Missed 4th

The thing is that I couldn’t get if it was and evo or not. It should of been lot faster right? we cruised about 20 min together and in those 20 min I been changing my mind from evo to lancer and back to evo. I never had to guess like that what car that was. Simply because never seen and evo rs.....

Wow. A little better sentence structure helps. No leaving out random words, yesterday not yesturday does not dos bother not bouther you get the picture. But yes, I have raced cars which I didn't know what they were.

All the time. Debaged cars around me are a dime a dozen...An evo has a disticnt styling to it thgouh...and if you take off the wing and tails on an Evo your sick in the head...cuz the car needs no modifcations it comes hot from the factory...Could be A worked lancer...other ppl do mod thier cars...DSM Onwers arn't the only ones:)

Colossus said:
Wow. A little better sentence structure helps. No leaving out random words, yesterday not yesturday does not dos bother not bouther you get the picture. But yes, I have raced cars which I didn't know what they were.

sorry forgot to read what i wrote.. will fix it asap.

Evo RS are the fastest and lightest of the 3 evo's. It also has manual windows, manual locks, and is about as basic as it can get. But its the fastest so....

Well it was at night and i couldn't see jack.. Trust me i try that.

Zexell said:
Evo RS are the fastest and lightest of the 3 evo's. It also has manual windows, manual locks, and is about as basic as it can get. But its the fastest so....

I heard that manual windows are heavier than electrical windows. I have no idea though.

Anyway, how did you NOT know that was an EVO? The regular lancer looks nothing like an EVO...

when I was about 17, my dad and I picked up an old primer red 1964 vw square back, we gutted it out and put a Porsche 2.7 motor in that thing. And we raced it all over town, everyone always said “ what the hell is that thing” it was a fun and crazy build that I regret selling even 23 year later.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back