The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

ever feel like you took your car apart so much you dont think you can put it back?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The more you take it apart, the faster you can do it the next time around. I got removing my battery, batt tray, cruise control, fuse box, basically everything in the upper passenger side of the engine bay down to about 2 minutes of removal time.

Anyone gotta stop watch? :D

Anyone gotta stop watch? :D

i recently pulled an engine out at the junk yard in about an hour and a half. Im getting quick at that. In conclusion to taking it all apart. I would say not to make it hard on yourself and know what your getting into. Also stay organized and get all the help you can get if you can get any help. The harder and more percistant you work the sooner it will get done. Im glad that i took mine apart to get rust spots out that were under trim pieces from prior body work.

Here is a pic for you, If you think you've torn your car down.

This is my 06' aspen white sti i bought bone stock last year. The car was 36k and after I fully built the car, "worth" to me, Around $70,000.

Now, It sits in the corner of my garage, Like this:
have video's of the car spinning all four tires through 3rd gear, but i know what will happen if i post that.

S5003937.flv video by eklipzgsxkid - Photobucket

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Did not want the car anymore and did not want to sell it to anyone as a running car. I made my money back by parting it out, Where as if I were to sell it as a complete car, I would have taken even more of a loss.

Did not want the car anymore and did not want to sell it to anyone as a running car. I made my money back by parting it out, Where as if I were to sell it as a complete car, I would have taken even more of a loss.

I figured you just lost a screwdriver, I know I would go to no end to find it ;)

im surprise how long this thread has lasted. I actually want to say that, I have put my car back together quite a bit since last summer. I do a lot of things that dont make sense though. I have 4 cars now. I am 19 years old and just started college. I used my college money and bought another dsm, I just picked up a 1992 talon tsi. The reason I bought it was because I needed a 4 bolt rear end, a turbo, and an engine block. The car wasnt far away and i though why not. My parents told me specifically not to buy car parts. Luckly my new talon is sitting at my friends house. It has a spun rod bearing and im going to desect the engine tomorrow. I will try to find time to post new pictures of my 1991 eclipse gsx. I will probably drop my engine in the 1992 until I finish the 1991. I dont make a lot of sense i just want to feel the power of a 4g63t again that runs amazing.
austin, i would be careful what you say,. i heard that your dad is getting into these dsms' on his lunch breaks at the hospital after surgeries.........................he is trying to figure out how to put a turbo on a stethoscope LOL LOL OMG

The DSM is in the garage and I took off intake, battery, valve cover, intake manifold, AFPR, spark plugs, and Tial WG off in about 45 minutes. I went slow so I could categorize all nuts and bolts. I labeled all the needed connectors off the harness as well. I just need to drain coolant and oil, remove coolant hoses, timing belt and the heads ready to come off. Can't wait to see what damages I have done.

I have two DSMs apart right now... Shell number one has the KYB suspension and the 4G63 still in it... guts are being transplanted from the 97 GST shell to the 95 TSi shell.

And by guts I mean everything. This TSi shell is literally just the shell.

This is some fun work...

austin, i would be careful what you say,. i heard that your dad is getting into these dsms' on his lunch breaks at the hospital after surgeries.........................he is trying to figure out how to put a turbo on a stethoscope LOL LOL OMG

I think my mom found out i bought another dsm, she sent me a text asking if im going home this weekend. She never sends me texts unless something is important. If she found out its because i posted a picture on facebook and I forgot she had a facebook. :ohdamn:.

Ill see if i can get some this weekend.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back