The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

2G Euro 4g63 N/T harness conversion to turbo

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lano91

Probationary Member
Mar 31, 2019
osl, Europe
Hello,

I am currently in the middle of converting my 1996 GS (european version with 4g63 nt engine) to turbo by swapping in a 4g63t from a 1999 GS-T, and im in need of help.

Some background;
Swapped in a 4g63t engine from a 1999 gs-t. I decieded to use my old NT wire harness from the 96. I've added in the extra wires for the turbo application such as MAP sensor, knock sensor, injector resistor wiring and boost gauge.
CAS seems to be on the same side on both engines, and the harness did both plug in the same sensor.

The engine is from a 1999 gs-t. The ECU is from the same 1999 gs-t. The engine wiring harness is from the 1996 nt with added wires to accomodate turbo applications.

After doing the swap, the car would not start. When turning the key, i can hear some sort of clicking noise? there is no crank at all. Lights and instruments seem to turn on as usual. A new battery is currently installed in the car.

Could somebody please guide me with troubleshooting? No idea where to start. I am thinking it might be an electrical issue?

my copy of the euro spec service manual shows the 96GS has the cam sensor on the timing belt side just like the 95-96 GST.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

the cam sensor on a 99 GST is on the transmission side of the engine

so which does your engine have?
and the 99 GST ECU has a black plastic case, thats what you have correct.

the reason im asking is cause if you have a 95-96 cam sensor with a 97-99 ECU, you need to swap a few wires.

don't know if you need them but

here is the ECU pinouts for a 99 GST

and here is for a 96 euro spec GS

I have 98 Euro GS and with Immobilizer. :-/.. Similar problem .. I have a 98 GST engine, Black box ecu, 2G euro NT harness. I added wires for resistor box, GM3 MAP. The car does not start, the starter works, but the fuel pump does not give fuel. I'm still looking for a problem in pinup (Euro GS harness vs US GST ecu)

Last edited:
Thanks for your answers, due to a sudden family situation I had to travel away. I'll be back on friday and will double check the CAS sensor and come with pictures as fast as i can :)

Regarding the swapping of the wires, where you thinking about coil plugs or other wires?

The original car does not have an immobilizer, however I noticed that the 1999 gs-t harnesses come with a plug for anti theft? Could this screw with the ECU since its pulled from a 1999 gs-t?

The ECU is a black box.

I have 98 Euro GS and with Immobilizer. :-/.. Similar problem .. I have a 98 GST engine, Black box ecu, 2G euro NT harness. I added wires for resistor box, GM3 MAP. The car does not start, the starter works, but the fuel pump does not give fuel. I'm still looking for a problem in pinup (Euro GS harness vs US GST ecu)

if you have an immobilizer you need to swap pin 8 and pin 22

The car has 2GA bumpers and look, but was produced October 1996, which Mitsubishi confirmed is actually a 1997 model. Confirmed by vin number 4MBMND32AVE001391.

I've checked the CAS and it is located in the same spot on both engines. Please picture of the NT engine.

dustyboner, Do you by any chance have the ECU pin diagram for a 1997 euro NT?
I can try and compare all pinouts to see if i can find any issue.

Wierd that it does not even crank....just a clicking noise. Maybe the starter?

the 1999 ECU is a black box ecu.

i attached the service manual supplements which have all the changes for 1997

and here is a link to download the euro spec manual including supplements for 96-99

Attachments

• PWUE95E1-A_ECLIPSE_97_CHASSIS.pdf
    2.5 MB · Views: 24
  • PHUE95E1-A_ECLIPSE_97_ELECTRICAL_WIRING.pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 18
  • Supplement B.zip
    2 MB · Views: 17
i attached the service manual supplements which have all the changes for 1997

and here is a link to download the euro spec manual including supplements for 96-99
thanks :) i'll try to troubleshoot and see what i can find 😅

Hello, so i've tested most components. The starter works, the fuel pump works, but the fuel injectors are not spraying inn any fuel?
This is with the old euro harness that had been modified with turbo sensors + 1999 black box ecu.

When i connect the 2 nt ecu, the fuel injectors work, the starter works, but the fuel pump does not work. So its opposite from the 1999 black box ECU.

Does anybody know if the immobilize is connected via the starter or via the injectors?
Anybody has encountered something like this?
Any help would be appreciated!! :)

did you add a resistor box for the injectors?

euro spec NT

Yes, i have already added the resistor pack. Soldered the wires from the resistor pack to each injector. Soldered the wires that are not red, dont remember the exact color 😅
The one wire from the resistor pack was soldered to another wire for power on the harness.
Is this method correct? or does the 5th wire from the injector resistor need to run to the ecu aswell?

on the stock harness, you need to cut the 4 red wires coming off the injectors.
on the resistor pack plug, its pinned like
____ || || _____
1 2 3
4 5 6
---------------------------

pin 3 = power in (12v+)

pin 1 - red wire - injector
pin 4 - red wire -injector
pin 5 - red wire- injector
pin 6 - red wire - injector

the other wires off the injectors are:
(green)
(yellow/black)
(green/yellow)
(green/red)

these wires you don't need to mess with, they are the same on both harnesses

Okei, so i need to actually cut the red wires? those are the same red wires for the injectors that go all the way to the ECU?

these wires go to the ecu
the other wires off the injectors are:
(green)
(yellow/black)
(green/yellow)
(green/red)
green goes to ECU pin 1
(yellow/black) - ECU pin 14
(green/yellow)- ECU pin 2
(green/red)- ECU pin 15

so you have power into the resistor box on pin 3
pins 1, 4, 5, and 6 on the resistor box each get connected to one of the red wires going to the injectors. it doesn't matter which one. They are all feed power at the same time.

then to fire the injector the ecu grounds
(green) ECU pin 1
(yellow/black) - ECU pin 14
(green/yellow)- ECU pin 2
(green/red)- ECU pin 15

So ive checked the wires and they are connect just like you described. I ran the power wire to a 12v source on the harness. There was an area in the harness were 1 power wire became like 3 or 4 splices, so i soldered the injector resistor power wire there aswell. I see that originally its supposed so be somewhere near the battery. It is a 12v constant source right?

Its wierd that the injectors dont spray in any fuel on 99 gst ecu, while they do in the 97 nt ecu....Does it maybe have something to do with the mpi relay somehow?

if you have an immobilizer you need to swap pin 8 and pin 22
In case anyone is performing a 2G Euro 4G63 N/A to Turbo conversion and wants to use their existing Euro harness with a USA 2G Turbo ECU and they have an immobiliser on their Euro 2G, then all you need to do is swap pins 8 & 22 on the harness and the car will start right up providing the resistor pack was installed correctly along with 450cc injectors.

Pin 22 is the immobiliser and pin 8 is the A/C compressor on Euro 2Gs. Swap them to use your USA Turbo ECU as they don’t have an immobiliser, and pin 22 is for the A/C compressor.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back