The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Rix Racing

2G Euro 2G engine swap 4g63 N/A to a 4g63T - immobilizer?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exxxel

15+ Year Contributor
Mar 18, 2006
Italy, Europe
Ok, after some search I need some help...

I have a doubt, about the question ECU -> KEY

I am doing an engine swap (european 2g) from a 4g63 N/A to a 4g63T....I have bought all the control wiring & engine bay harness plus the 1997 ECU.
I need to know if I have to buy also the locks and key from donor GST...(seller still has these parts).

Europeans 2g's come with an immobilizer, with a transpondered key and antenna keyhole ring...US 2g's have the same?

Sorry for the question, but I live in italy, and it is a big problem for me to find stuff and tech help...

Leo

Here is my 1997 GS (4g63 N/A) immobilizer diagram
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

thanks

From one Italian to another, I would buy the whole setup. It would make the install allot easer. A clean install is the best especially when you don't have to mod anything or join 2 different things together to make them work. I found that out by experience of doing a 5-speed to auto awd conversion on my 94 talon with all 5-speed harnesses and an auto engine harness. Mating them 2 harnesses for everything to be spot on with a factory auto including all the trans indicators in the cluster gauges and the dome light temp indicator. That wasn't easy.

Nope, there is no immobilizer and no transponder key is required for 2G's over here. These car's are real easy to hotwire! Just playing, LOL. But seriously, I know exactly what you are talking about and there are no immobilizers like you described on our cars over here. Take care

i just did the same swap in my euro eclipse all you need is the us ecu and wiring lume and it will work just use the old keys they work give me a email if you get stuck

Nope, there is no immobilizer and no transponder key is required for 2G's over here. These car's are real easy to hotwire! Just playing, LOL. But seriously, I know exactly what you are talking about and there are no immobilizers like you described on our cars over here. Take care

my Spyder does though... and i cant get it to turn off.. it thinks my car is stolen..

Hi :)

I have seen your subject about swapping au 4G63T in a NA 4G63 from Europe :)

Actually, i'm doing this, i'm swapping.
But, the engine don't want to start.

I send you a Youtube link to shaw the problem...

Do you think that the engine don't want to start because of the immobilizer system ?
And, i have one connector that i don't know where he can be connect, I put you a photo :)
Do you know where it has to go ?

Sorry for my english :) I'm french :) Bye see u !

Attachments

• connecteur.jpg
    connecteur.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 88
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back