The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

ET vs MPH

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Atari007

20+ Year Contributor
Apr 18, 2002
Jacksonville, Florida
Just curious, I was looking over the 1/4 and 1/8 list and my MPH seems really low (1/8 = [email protected] 1.903 60')... I was just wondering what is causing this? other people in my "time range" are running around 83-88 mph.... What affects this? Is there any way to raise my mph? or does it not really matter since your ET is what everyone looks at.....

*Edit - Just realized that there is another post on this farther down the page... :rolleyes:

I think you're noticing the difference between FWD and AWD. Fwd needs more mods to do a 8.5 second 1/8th, for example, than an AWD because the AWD gets off the line faster.

I was thinking about that, but check this out.. here is the guy right below me:
8.541 88.732 2.164 96 Eclipse GSX GSX4LIFE
and here is the guy right above me:
8.500 84.900 1.971 92 Laser RS Turbo AWD laserspeed

...they are both awd and running much higher mph then me.... are they just both spinning a lot or what?? im just kinda confused....

The 60's they had on those runs are pretty bad. That is costing them almost 1/2 sec.

However, your car may be pulling a little timing on the top end.

Al

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back