The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

ECMlink eprom ecu's and reg 2g ecu & DSM LINK ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hooah

20+ Year Contributor
Feb 10, 2003
Olathe, Kansas
ok guys heres the deal i have a 98 awd eclipse. my buddy with a 95 awd tsi wants my safc2 and palm pilot because i want his eprom and dsmlink. well we hooked the safc and p.p. up to his car and it runs with his eprom but wont with my computer.

is there anyone out there that can tell me exactly why?

please no dumbass remarks. and my other friend wants to know if anyone out there has dsmlink is there any other things you have to do to your eprom or wiring harnesses to get it to work (he thinks that because my computer wont work on the 95 tsi that his computer wont work in mine with it socketed and dsmlink)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, this is likely due to the fact that the 95-96 and 97-99 ECU's use a different cam angle sensor and therefore get different readings. I may be wrong, but then again I`m probably right:)

That's correct.

if you run the dsmlink on your 98 there are instructions on what to do to make it work.

However I'm not sure what your going to do about your friends car.

I have a stock 96 GS-T ECU for $100+shipping if you need one. (it has the speed limiter removed)

-brian

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back