The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

General EPROM chips

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

siceclipse

15+ Year Contributor
Jun 26, 2003
FFLD County, Connecticut
Hey guys,

I was over a friends house, we were doing a lot of crap to our friends car. He asked if i had EPROM and i said yes (1995) , but its a DD and i dont have to down time to send my ECU out to get chipped. To that he laughed and showed me a spare chip he had and our other friend , having heard all of it came over and said "yeah mike, just take a thin flathead and you can pop your old Eprom out and slip in the chip you order from TMO/Keydiver..."

Is that true??
I thought something had to be done (socketing)

Is it really just as simple as sliping one off the board and pressing the new one in?

If so im gonna order one right now and install it next week.

thanks for helping and setting me straight.

No right now the Eprom is Soldered directly to your Ecu....you need to have a new connecter socketed to your board that allows the chips to be pulled out and replaced. Dont try to pry up on it with a screwdriver LOL....get that thing socketed (most computer or tv repair shops can do it for like 50 bucks and it dosent take long)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back