The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Enough Fuel Control For ___ CC Injectors?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smokehouse_83

20+ Year Contributor
Jun 2, 2002
New_MexicoUS
Is a chip set for specific injectors, a maft translator and a afpr enough to control big injectors? I am planning on running a hx35 and I need to buy some injectors, but I dont want to go over 680's cause I know the maft wont compensate for anyting bigger. Unless the chip will compensate for bigger? I would like to go with like 850's so i can run 25+psi? Is it possible?

smokehouse_83 said:
Is a chip set for specific injectors, a maft translator and a afpr enough to control big injectors? I am planning on running a hx35 and I need to buy some injectors, but I dont want to go over 680's cause I know the maft wont compensate for anyting bigger. Unless the chip will compensate for bigger? I would like to go with like 850's so i can run 25+psi? Is it possible?

If you are referring to a keydiver chip, or any other Eprom chip, then yes, it will work fine. I had that setup earlier this year. FP Green, PTE 880's, MAFT, AFC. Keydiver chip burned for the 880's. FP Green @ 26psi, MAFT/AFC all set to 0. Car ran 11.67@120 with ZERO tuning, on pump gas. 11.3:1 on the wideband. Took 3% of fuel out, car picked up 3mph in the 1/8. The keydiver chips work!!

i beg to differ. i have 750's on my car now with the maft/afc combo with little tuning and hardly n e knock. i probabbly could take out some more on the top end.i run 19psi on pump 93 with the STOCK turbo and intercooler. im not really trying to blow up my car with the stock stuff but my funds are low right now and i want to see how far i can take my stock turbo intercooler before it gives. besides, i have an extra 6 bolt block ready for build up if this one takes a crap.oh i almost forgot,i m also on a stock non-eprom ecu.

Since My Last Reply, I Have Done Some Tickering With My Car And Have Discovered That I Am Getting Knock Now. What I Am Kinda Confused On Is The Richer Leaner Direction I Guess You Could Say. I Tried Both And I Still Get Knock But I Think My Knock Sensor Is Out Cause The Check Engine Light Is On And My Logger Says The Knock Sensor. When You Richen Up The Fuel On The Afc Say Like Your Setting Is At -5% To Richen It Up You Would Go Up Right? Into Like -4,-3,-2,-1, 0. And Leaner Is The Other Way -6,-7,-8. You Get What Im Getting At. I Have Had No Probs Running 19psi With The Stock Turbo And Intercooler. I Think My Intercooler Is Probabbly Heat Soaked, Car Is Overheating And I Dont Think It Is The Headgasket.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back