The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

English Racing Dyno Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LucasEnglish

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 23, 2004
Washougal, Washington
So in the last few mons we have dyno tuned more DSM then ever.

Since this site seems to be full of guess and dynos you cant trust. ( The DynoJet is the only dyno you can compere #)

I thought I will start posting up alot of the normal stuff so people can have a real idea of what there mods should do on a Dynojet.

This is just a start for tonight

This is a 2g with a stock motor and head, with just a S-AFC for tuning.
basic mods
-18g
-FMIC Small
-650's ?
-3in TBE
-18-19psi
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I was happy with tune last week. The cust is on the conservative side and does not want to worry about anything. So the tune is just 25psi which is kinda low for E85 most of the time we will let them spike close to 30psi.
-Stock Cams
-stock motor
-1000cc in
-V2 dSM link
-E85 fuel
-ETS race core style FMIC and piping
-SS O2 houing
-FP Race MANI
-EVOIII 16g ported for flow not creep since its a E85car
-3in TBE
-255hp fuel pump

This is more meant for :):) and know what a stock all motor 4g63 does.
1st pull bone stock
2nd pull not air filter or can
3rd pull same with ram air of the fan right on the intake :)

If you want to throw some of your dyno sheets in thats fine. The only rule I have is the # must be from a DynoJET and Uncorrected.

I thought that the Mustang Dyno is more accurate...represents the street vs the Dynojet? Most people (tuners) I've talked to in my area have stated, that changes to the map, have to be made on the street after a tune on the dynojet. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I could see that in 2wd cars since the 1 roller is so light but with the weight of the 2 rollers the tune from the street to the track is the same.

I will all so always do a 4th gear pull which is quite a bit more load then the street so I know for sure the tune will be right on the street.

On my DJ I am able to link the 2 rollers so even my the 2wd car I tune get the load I need.

We have tuned well over 100cars on Dynojets now and not had any problems with our tunes being way off on the street.

Here are some Examples of Extreme 16g's not what I would call normal.

This is a car we built 4stroke on here Highest pure pump gas 16g I have done so far.
-comp 272s
-ER Forged motor 8.5:1comp
-ETS Race FMIC
-V3 DSM link Tuned by me
-24-25pis
-3in TBE
-Extreme turbo,O2 housing and exhaust mani port for flow. (Ported the car to boost cheep).
-ER ported head
-2g MAF
-1200cc injectors
-255hp fuel pump

Same car E85 31psi spike only holding 22psi out the top

This is Aaron's here at out shop E85 16g auto car that has ran a best 10.6@125 and lots of 10.7's@125
Basic mods to the Auto
-Stock 160k bottom end
-HKS 272s EVO valve springs light head work ARP studs metal hg
-MHI EVO III 16 ported to the max for flow and to make creep holds 30+ psi to 8k
-3in hot pipe with no intercooler
-880cc injectors
-E98
-2000cc of meth injection
-3in cold air intake
-MAFT pro 3bar map
-MBC set to 25psi and creeps to 30+ by 5500rpm
-3in DP no exhaust
-DSM chips chip with 8500rpm revlimit

Reasons for no intercooler
-Different
-less weight
-We feel with the Ethanol and Methanol there might not be much of a gain

Car weights in at 2980 with me in it.
Here is a video of the Auto
YouTube - 10 6@125 92TSI AWD Auto EVOIII 16g

This is the highest hp ever to the wheels. I feel if our Auto was a 5spd it would be very close to this power. Zack has no cage so has not been able to get a good pass. Has gone 125mph so far, but if I were to bench race I would say Zacks car has 128mph trap in it with some good driving.
Basic mods
-ETS Race FMIC
-1150 injectors
-v2 link MAFT combo Blow through
-Hks 272
-Stock head
-Extrude hone intake mani (Old school)
-DNP header
-Turbo also ER extreme port on Turbo, Mani, O2 (ported for chreep.
-E85 fuel 30++++ psi spike holding 26psi out the top

I could see that in 2wd cars since the 1 roller is so light but with the weight of the 2 rollers the tune from the street to the track is the same.

I will all so always do a 4th gear pull which is quite a bit more load then the street so I know for sure the tune will be right on the street.

On my DJ I am able to link the 2 rollers so even my the 2wd car I tune get the load I need.

We have tuned well over 100cars on Dynojets now and not had any problems with our tunes being way off on the street.

Makes sense, thanks for the clarification.

I got my setup dyno'd at English Racing a few times. This is the highest number my car has made to date: 451hp/373tq. Setup has gone a best 11.73@120 with a weak 1.76 60' and highest trap has been 121.

Mods were:

8.5:1 JE/Eagle 2.0L 1G 7-bolt
Unported 1G 7-bolt head, +1mm SS valves, FP beehives, Delta 280s, OEM Composite HG, ARP L19s
FP3065 @ 25psi, FP 2.5" O2, Tial 40mm, Apex'i N1 turbo-back
E85 fuel, FIC 1600s, SX AFPR, Walbro 255HP
JMFab Race SMIM, Kinetic FMIC w/ ETS Pipes, 4" intake pipe
DSMLink v.2.5, PLX wideband
PTT Twin Disk, Stock Tranny

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCAzHEKKoes

I was happy with tune last week. The cust is on the conservative side and does not want to worry about anything. So the tune is just 25psi which is kinda low for E85 most of the time we will let them spike close to 30psi.
-Stock Cams
-stock motor
-1000cc in
-V2 dSM link
-E85 fuel
-ETS race core style FMIC and piping
-SS O2 houing
-FP Race MANI
-EVOIII 16g ported for flow not creep since its a E85car
-3in TBE
-255hp fuel pump

Those are good numbers on stock cams/im:thumb:

This is a old one but Lucas did the tuning.

BW S362 @ 26psi
pump/meth
dsmlink v2
750cc injectors
BC 280's
Stock 6 bolt and head
ETS Street/Stip FMIC
3" TBE
Punishment manifold

Here is a amazing combo we just did.

-98 2g
-35r 3585
-3in TBE
-ER built 9:1 comp 2.3 motor
-ER Ported head (race port)
-Kiggly Beehive valve springs
-Fic 1650cc injectors
-Twin 255hp fuel pumps
-8an line
-29-31 psi
-ETS Race FMIC
-272 cams
-ER tuned AEM EMS E85

here is your sheet

I just got tuned on lucas's dyno.I got 256hp and 280tq.My setup is wally 255,pte 1000's,ecmlink,small 16g,fmic,all stock 7bolt.On pump gas @22psi

I just picked up my 2G from Lucas this morning. After some tuning my car put down 293hp. The next run it pulled a 287hp/304lb-ft @21psi pump gas. Unfortunately I never got the 293 dyno sheet.

Mods: Evo3 16g, Walbro 255, Evo Injectors, ECMLink, ETS Racing FMIC, Apexi N1 & GT downpipe, All stock 7bolt.

-PR

I will get the 293 sheet up. Sorry I printed out the wrong one.

I thought that the Mustang Dyno is more accurate...represents the street vs the Dynojet? Most people (tuners) I've talked to in my area have stated, that changes to the map, have to be made on the street after a tune on the dynojet. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

As long as the pull time is close to what the car would see on the road, it's all good. Of course I'm biased since we have a Mustang dyno :)

We just ran a stock '09 Viper and it made 447whp/414tq.

I'm havin wayyyy too much fun with it... Thanks guys!! It is a '97 tho and the cams are quite a bit bigger...

What cams are they so i can change the mini mod list :)

Not sure... Jake had them done and he said they were more like 290's.

that thing is sick man!!!!!!! great job i bet you are having tooo much fun LOL

If those are the ones from delta that Jake had made, they are called the KK2's and they are designed by Darren at FFWD Connection. Congrats on the numbers!

Here is your best sheet :)

I just picked up my 2G from Lucas this morning. After some tuning my car put down 293hp. The next run it pulled a 287hp/304lb-ft @21psi pump gas. Unfortunately I never got the 293 dyno sheet.

Mods: Evo3 16g, Walbro 255, Evo Injectors, ECMLink, ETS Racing FMIC, Apexi N1 & GT downpipe, All stock 7bolt.

-PR

Here is the 640whp 2g with RPM

[/B]

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back