The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

English Racing Dyno Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Well Team English Racing keeps pushing the limits

Zach's car with an EVO III 16g just made 456whp

Zach's mods

-95 piston 6 bolt stock rods
-Extrude hone intake
-EVOIII 16g ported to creep
-EVOIII o2 ported to 3in out let
-FP Race exhaust mani (gained 7hp over ported EVO III mani)
-1200 cc inj, E98 fuel one 255hp fuel pump
-DSM Link MAFT combo 3in blow through
-ETS 3in FMIC 2.5in piping
-40psi spike holding 26psi out the top
-HKS 272 cams
-Modded stock 1g BOV

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Seems most maxed out E85 EVO's with the same mods can only do around 430whp so it has me wondering if the EVOIII is better than a VIII and IX turbo's.

Well Team English Racing keeps pushing the limits

Zach's car with an EVO III 16g just made 456whp

Zach's mods

-95 piston 6 bolt stock rods
-Extrude hone intake
-EVOIII 16g ported to creep
-EVOIII o2 ported to 3in out let
-FP Race exhaust mani (gained 7hp over ported EVO III mani)
-1200 cc inj, E98 fuel one 255hp fuel pump
-DSM Link MAFT combo 3in blow through
-ETS 3in FMIC 2.5in piping
-40psi spike holding 26psi out the top
-HKS 272 cams
-Modded stock 1g BOV

Seems most maxed out E85 EVO's with the same mods can only do around 430whp so it has me wondering if the EVOIII is better than a VIII and IX turbo's.

How you get the turbo to spike that high. Someone here had to weld the flapper shut to get that much boost. His logs showed 45.5pis falling too 30psi up top.

I need to get some cams. Thats like my setup minus the cams and I spike too 32psi. Nice numbers.

Will toss this in here so we can have some more dyno sheets.

In the quest to see how much we can max out the FP3065 we decided to try the FP4r cams.

This is not a prefect cam test but it really does show how much more the FP4rs are worth. Its been a few mons since I had dynoed the FP2's and I did not have RPM pick up on the FP2's so we dont have any TQ #.

I am still unable to max this combo out due to the fuel pumps not being enough. The low boost 26psi really shows the gains my high boost does not. The car made 620whp before on 33psi and now makes 638whp on 29psi. We are going to toss a bosh 044 in next week so I can see what the 33psi will be.

FP2 VS FP4R 26psi

FP4R 26psi with RPM and TQ

FP4r 29psi starting to run lean small miss fire.

Mod list from the 9.6
Was an amazing Friday for the Turd. Went to the track to just have some fun and never planed to set any records. I did have a running bet with TJ that I would beat his 9sec CRX due to the fact that he probably could no hook up on the fresh cold track. I had totally planed on him beating the Turd so I could pay for his night of racing. Friday the 13th must be good luck since I ran my 9.6 to TJ's best of a 10.2@148. Was only $20 on the line.

We also had a PRE dyno day and the Turd took the highest HP AWD and Boosted class. Put down 667whp on a Dyno Dynamics.

Mods that matter
-11:1 Alum rod motor English Racing Built
-Forced Performance FP3065 turbo with V-band 44mm gate and 3in O2 housing
-3in sleeper TBE
-Ported head done by Jeff Bush
-Kiggly beehive valve springs
-FP2 Cams
-JMF sheet metal intake
-ETS 4in FMIC with 2.5in lower piping and 3in upper
-MAFT Translator with 3.5in GM MAF with no Honey comb
-DSM link for tuning
-RC 1600cc injectors
-twin 255hp pumps with Aeromotive regulator -6 supply and return
-English Racing Built trans with dbl cone 2-4 welded ctr diff
-QM twin disc

Was not able to get a copy of the 9.6 slip due to the car and I not being leagle to run the times. PIR really likes to bust my balls. :)

Was amazing that I got to back the pass up since the 1/8mi was not working right on my 9.8pass. I was letting off jus into 4th since I could not go over 135mph. The 9sec pass were a total surprise to me.

YouTube - Emeraldes Towing sponsered 91 Eclipse GSX 9.6@144 Forced Performance FP3065 English Racing Built

Slips that I did have

Once I get done with the Fuel pump this week this car will be for sale. (10k)
Need to finish our drag evo and I have done what I need to do with this car.

kudos for posting up the dyno sheets

Very nice. Guy here in Colorado made about that much uncorrected on the fp3076 and they where very surprised. Now you guys are making this much on the smaller one. Sweet little turbos they are.

Been crazy busy. Here is a more cool sheet. I have about 5 other cars I will try and toss up this week.

Here is a car I just tuned. Built by a local DSMer HTA 3586 2.3 stroker E85/meth

2.3L 6-bolt
9:1 Ross Pistons/Eagle Rods/Eagle Crank
FP3 Cams w/ Supertech Dual Springs
T3 FP HTA3586 w/ .82A/R 3" out
SLS T3 Manifold
Magnus SMIM
FIC BM 1650s
Bosch -044 in-tank w/ Kenne Bell Boost a Pump
3" Exhaust
PTT Twin-Disk
English Racing Tranny
ETS FMIC w/ 3" GM MAF
ECMLink v3
Dynatek ARC-2 Ignition Box
Driveshaft Shop Aluminum Driveshaft
E-85 Fuel + Meth Injection

Anything else I'm missing Johnny? :p

Not my car BTW, but a friend's.

We just did a EVO ECU in a 2g converted to Speed Density through the stock EVO computer. The stock Air meter on a 2g must hurt power more then I thought. Most 2g's with this same combo on Link and stock air meter do around 280whp on pump gas. I was able to get 301whp on pump with out trying to hard. Since this car is running meth I did not spend that long on the pump only side of the map.

371whp on Pump/meth at 26-27psi spike is pretty good. I think I could do close to 400whp but dont want to find the limit of the stock 100+k Head gasket on stock bolts.

This a EVOIII 16g with our porting, FMIC 3in TBE, 255hp, 550s, Our 3in intake, FP Race mani,

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back