The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

Engine

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

P1noy-Talon

20+ Year Contributor
Mar 26, 2003
IllinoisUS
I was thinking of buying a 1g talon and put a new JDM engine in it, me and my friend are probably do everything in the car oursleves except for the springs.... please tell me if this is a good idea for putting a new JDM engine or not, also send me some links of JDM engines i should buy :laugh: thnx:thumb:
Talon:talon: :talon:

Do you have any reason for wanting this "JDM" engine?

What about them do you think is different?

Unless you're just aimless gearheads who more enjoy moving around cars than moving them around, find an already-modified 1G -easily had for $3000 these days- and go from there. Routine repairs will give you more than enough to do.

woopz:D i mean those engines from www.magnusmotorsports.com those ones which can hold like 880+hp.......i dint mean JDM LOL...i was like half awake when i posted that post :rolleyes: well newayz....do you guys think that thats a good deal... except those engines are only short blocks from what i know of....and i will probably spend extra money for that other part...which i 4got LOLOMG soo umm...please tell me if you know thnx:thumb:

yea well if it is tell me ok?

Last edited by a moderator:
Magnus engines are very stout... but the question you have to ask yourself, is how much money are you going to put into it? What are your goals?

You can buy a $10,000 engine and a $10,000 turbo, but if you don't buy the ECU mods or the standalone, or the fuel system it needs, or know how to tune it right, it's worthless.

The stock engine can hold over 400HP. If you're (think realistically now) not going to exceed that, why pay that much for an engine?

EDIT: Also, if you're not mechanically apt enough to change the coil springs, you might want to leave engine-building to someone else. I don't mean to flame you with this, but springs are easy if you have half a brain.

i am probably going to buy a $2500 talon (or the shell) and put a good motor in it maybe spend from $3000 - more .....so me and my friend will do everything buy hand and it probably wont be seeing the road till we are done with it....so i dunno what else to say:confused:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back