The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Engine?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

95ESI

Probationary Member
May 12, 2004
Maplewood, New_Jersey
I just bought my 95 ESI Talon and tha dealer told me that tha guy that traded it in had put a diff engine in it but i dont knoe what kind .......i tried comparing it to other esi engines and it seems "longer" and it has like a sticker on it with tha numer 576 on it but tha engine doesent look new or runs new.....so i dont knoe. Any suggestions on how to check what kind is it and something? :talon: :confused:

here is a picture of tha engine! :talon: :cool: :thumb:

Attachments

• Engine.jpg
    Engine.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 137
so i have a 420A? Is that any good? or is there beter engines?

and one more thing on here where tha circle is there is something there that i dont see on any other dsm's around here and i have no idea what it is. It goes all tha way to the intake box but now there is performance filter so tha hose from it its just standing there so i just kinda put it next to the filter....any guesses? :talon: :cool:

Attachments

• Engine2.jpg
    Engine2.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 107
95ESI said:
so i have a 420A?
yes

95ESI said:
Is that any good?
depends what you consider good

95ESI said:
or is there beter engines?
Yes. You have the base model engine. The best engine is the 4G63T.

My tip to you, start doing your homework. There's a search button up top, use that just so that you can start learning about your car. Also check out the tech articles here and go to www.vfaq.com

95ESI said:
so i have a 420A? Is that any good? or is there beter engines?

and one more thing on here where tha circle is there is something there that i dont see on any other dsm's around here and i have no idea what it is. It goes all tha way to the intake box but now there is performance filter so tha hose from it its just standing there so i just kinda put it next to the filter....any guesses? :talon: :cool:
it has something to do with california emissions (poor bastards) mine has the fittings for it but no hose the 420A is a good engine as far as reliability wise, some people will disagree but ive had almost no problems with mine...no they arent the best for performance but i have 114,000 on mine and still get 30 mpg...also you CAN turbo them but most would recommend selling it for a gs-t or gsx if you want the turbo :)

the 420A does have potential, but it will cost quite a few bucks to fix it up. The 420a responds to a turbo kit quite well once upgraded to support it.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back