The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

2G Engine won’t crank

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Noahrieke

Proven Member
Mar 17, 2020
Billings, Montana
Just got done pulling my engine and replacing and resealing most everything and finally got everything put back together and I go to prime the engine and nothin. No noise, no click, just the sound of the fuel pump☠️ Checked some forums and confirmed I had the starter correctly hooked up, checked the relay, and everything checks out. Then again I’m very bad with wiring and could be missing something! Anyone have any suggestions?

Picture of starter below

Attachments

• 15AF1588-E49C-48FA-A1DF-B011816BC9F0.jpeg
    15AF1588-E49C-48FA-A1DF-B011816BC9F0.jpeg
    321.5 KB · Views: 145
It's the same wire that everyone forgets to plug back in (myself included). Its tucked out of the way and is very easily overlooked when plugging everything else back in. I only found it after staring at the electrical manual starter wiring diagram and noticing a random junction in the middle of that signal wire..

It's the same wire that everyone forgets to plug back in (myself included). Its tucked out of the way and is very easily overlooked when plugging everything else back in. I only found it after staring at the electrical manual starter wiring diagram and noticing a random junction in the middle of that signal wire..
Exactly! I only found it after staring at my engine bay for hours then I say the connector that wasn’t plugged in and I was like wait a minute!XD

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back