The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

1G engine wiring harness

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Winetalon

10+ Year Contributor
Jul 24, 2010
PR, Puerto_Rico
hey there guys im swapping out a engine wiring harness from a na to turbo and i wanted to know where this 4 plugs connect to in the inside of the car?? it seems they go to the passenger side because the other pplugs are the one in the center that are plugged to the ecu, but i don't know about these 4.

Attachments

• IMG_0121.jpg
    IMG_0121.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 53
They plug into the dash harness. It is tucked up under the passenger side of the dashboard under the glove box.

I did a full turbo swap on my n/t about 4-5 months ago. Check out my blog, you might find it helpful. Also if you need anything or have any questions feel free to ask.

Hope this helps! Good luck!

yeah<,nice blog you got there man. thanks. another question did ## block came with the knock sensor hole?? and another question what plugs are you not using or eliminated in you're car because in the non turbo it has no fpr solenoid and the purge control solenoid.these two are located in the right side of the engine bay near the brake reservoir but in the nt the purge control is in the left side where the battery is. What did you do with this?

yeah<,nice blog you got there man. thanks. another question did ## block came with the knock sensor hole?? and another question what plugs are you not using or eliminated in you're car because in the non turbo it has no fpr solenoid and the purge control solenoid.these two are located in the right side of the engine bay near the brake reservoir but in the nt the purge control is in the left side where the battery is. What did you do with this?

Are you swapping from non-turbo to turbo or did I misread your first post?

On mine I used a turbo wire harness into a non-turbo car with a turbo engine.

I removed 3 A/C related plugs (A/C sightglass, thermoswitch, and compressor plugs) and the BCS, EGR temp sensor plug, all the way back to the ECU connectors. Also I removed the Solenoid Pack plug. This is the plug that connects to the fuel pressure solenoid and the purge control solenoid valve. I deleted both of the solenoids.

I wrote a tech article about this: Rerouting the engine wiring harness.

I swapped a turbo block into my non-turbo car so yes it had the hole for the knock sensor.

yeah,Im swapping from non-turbo to turbo.good article here im thinking of eliminating the solenoid pack plug.when you removed the purge control solenoid(the one attached near the wiper motor in the non turbo right??) in your car, you also removed the vaccums right?? leaving an open nipple in the throttle body?

yeah,Im swapping from non-turbo to turbo.good article here im thinking of eliminating the solenoid pack plug.

Yeah I got rid of mine too. If you don't have your charcoal canister/EGR valve and if you have a larger then stock fuel pump you will never notice that it's gone. Obviously the non-turbos do just fine without fuel pressure solenoid.

Ok so you are swapping from non-turbo to turbo and you are using a turbo harness. Do you also have the turbo ECU? Are you reusing your non-turbo block? If so are you changing pistons?

i think mine doesn't even have the canister.But yes,i have a turbo ecu eprom and i will be reusing my block, but this block has recently been through a machine shop and has new valves and seaters and new set of lifters.Also i will change pistons soon.

i think mine doesn't even have the canister.But yes,i have a turbo ecu eprom and i will be reusing my block, but this block has recently been through a machine shop and has new valves and seaters and new set of lifters.Also i will change pistons soon.

Ok so your head has already been taken care of, thats good. Are you planning on using forged pistons?

I believe most n/t 4G63 blocks already come tapped for the knock sensor but some aren't so just look on the back and see if the hole is threaded.

Did you find the dash harness that those wires plug into?

yeah i'll use later forged pistons.i will check the plugs where the cables go tomorrow. thanks.

update asa right now! the car has the harness installed along with the turbo ecu and the injector resistor pack, the injectors and also the knock sensor and the maf too.I have installed this prior to installing the turbo system.I started it today but the car stutters and after some seconds it shuts off.I want to know if its supposed to stutter or have failure??(I juts want to get out of curiosity because to my knowledge i think it will because it doesnt have the turbo nd neither the intercooler and neither the turbo manifold. its like an nt setup but with the things i installed but no turbo)

update asa right now! the car has the harness installed along with the turbo ecu and the injector resistor pack, the injectors and also the knock sensor and the maf too.I have installed this prior to installing the turbo system.I started it today but the car stutters and after some seconds it shuts off.I want to know if its supposed to stutter or have failure??(I juts want to get out of curiosity because to my knowledge i think it will because it doesnt have the turbo nd neither the intercooler and neither the turbo manifold. its like an nt setup but with the things i installed but no turbo)

That is a very odd setup that you have. Hmm. I have ran a turbo motor with the wastegate arm disconnected so that no boost was being built many years ago and it ran fine, no stuttering or failure (what exactly do you mean by "have failure"?). My guess is that there is a problem somewhere. Why don't you have the turbo/intercooler on the engine? You haven't acquired them yet? I should have mentioned above but preparation and planning are the 2 most important aspects of the non-turbo to turbo swap. Since you were just asking about the the wire harness I figured that you already had all of the "turbo stuff" ready to go. Did you change the pistons? Non-turbo pistons don't like boost.

i already have the turbo stuff, but the thing is while i installed the harness and the other things i went to start the car on so i could know if i have problems with it.the car starts but misfires and stutters and when applying throttle it dies.the turbo setup i have it already but a shop nearby its gonna do the work.i will bring the car with all installed without the turbo system to them, so they can install it.My problem here is the car is having misfire and stutters without the turbo and intercooler installed, all i want to know if its suppose to happen or not, so i can deliver the car to the shop to do the install or if its a problem of the car so i can work with it before delivering the car to them.thanks.

i already have the turbo stuff, but the thing is while i installed the harness and the other things i went to start the car on so i could know if i have problems with it.the car starts but misfires and stutters and when applying throttle it dies.the turbo setup i have it already but a shop nearby its gonna do the work.i will bring the car with all installed without the turbo system to them, so they can install it.My problem here is the car is having misfire and stutters without the turbo and intercooler installed, all i want to know if its suppose to happen or not, so i can deliver the car to the shop to do the install or if its a problem of the car so i can work with it before delivering the car to them.thanks.

Did you swap MAF's? Also, confirm that it is plugged in nice and snuggly.

yes,the maf is plugged in correctly, i did mess with the cas wiring because it was a little stripped, but its workin good, but i will check it later.

Update! finished the Turbo build!! i have a few things to chek out but at least i got it all sorted out!! thanks 9!eclipseDohc fot the help!

my only problem now is like im not hitting boost because iin my autometer gauge it shows boost at 0 no more than that, but in idle my vaccum is at 20hg.

yea, i will check for boost leak tomorrow. my boost gauge is tapped between the fpr and the intake manifold.

I did the boost leak test and it don't appear to have any leaks, but the car is boostin well i don't know really what is is.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back