The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Rix Racing

Engine/Tranny Issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadow1189

Probationary Member
Sep 25, 2005
Waterbury, Connecticut
On my 98 Mitsu Eclipse GSX AWD, (only parts on it are a K&N Air filter, Dejon tool intake pipe, 3' Megan Racing Downpipe and 3' Megan Racing cat back exhaust), my car sounds fine when I rev it up, pretty much as normal as an engine could sound. However, when I began driving it it tends to not bog but slowly catch throttle when I hit the gas and when it shifts at 7,000 rpm it doesnt go right to next gear, it almost holds there for a second or two. My car is an automatic. I'm not sure if this is an engine or tranny problem, or maybe both. I'm thinking maybe i just need to tune it and replace any parts that seem outdated. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Have you checked anything yet? First thing I would check is the tranny fluid. Automatics can act up when the fluid is alittle low.

I changed the fluid about 800 miles ago, besides that I wouldnt kno wut else to check besides oil, gaskets that are leaking and bad hoses.

Possibly send an email to IPT (import performane transmission) and see if they have any ideas.

Not sure I understand but could it be the trans is just slipping? That would lead me to believe a rebuild is in order or a solenoid problem. But i am not an auto trans expert by any stretch.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back