The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

Engine Swap

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnnyT

15+ Year Contributor
May 15, 2007
Sioux City, Iowa
I was wondering if it would work well to put my :laser: engine into a 95 Talon Non-Turbo 5 Speed, would the stock tranny be strong enough and would I need a turbo ecu, would I be better off swapping it into an already turbo 2g? So I couldn't put a turbo 4g63 from my 1g into a turbo 2g? I have read about the crank angle sensor needing changed and such but all the things I have read says you can swap a 1g motor in a 2g but what you are all telling me is no, so I just want to be clear that I can't put any 1g motor in a 2g without a ton of work? I am also wondering why I can't add another post to the bottom of this thread it doesn't appear to be locked or anything.

I noticed that it has been moved and I would like to say thank you for half answering my question and treating me like an idiot.

If you're talking about taking a turbo engine out of a 1g DSM and swapping it into a non-turbo 2g DSM, then you need to do a hell of searching, because this question has been asked more than any other question out there.

And the answer is NO, it will NOT work without more trouble and money than you're willing to put into it.

NO, trying to put a 4g63 into a 420a car is almost pointless, unless you have a lot of money, patience, and heavy fabrication skills. Might as well just find a 1st gen or 2nd gen, with a bad motor or no motor and swap it in. Only motors to swap into a 2gnt are another 420a or a 2.4 DODGE motor. About it.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back