The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Engine Swap

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wolski420a

Probationary Member
Jan 27, 2007
mandan, North_Dakota
i just bought a 1995 eagle talon with the whole exterior done with a non turbo 420a engine i was wondering what kind of engines i can swap with mine or keep the engine and swap the auto tranny for a manual thanks

there is a plug and play system made for the Auto cars, i dont know if its turbo/non-turbo sensitive, but it makes your car work like an auto car with shift paddles.

You can swap in a 2.4l. Read http://www.2gnt.com
You can also use transmissions from the Neon.
There have been a very small handful of avenger v6 swaps. These are not popular. Too much fabrication, and your current 420a is easier to make more power.

You best bet is to modify the 420a you already have. Adding a turbo to the 420a is a very popular upgrade. Read the tech on this site, and 2gnt.com.

does any one know some one that has a manual tranny for sale and what else do i need for the swap

I would check a junk yard.

To do the swap, you need:

Transmission
New Clutch (with TOB, get pilot also)
Clutch master (with reservoir)
Clutch slave
Length of brake line and fittings
Clutch pedal assembly
Brake Pedal
Center console
Shifter and plate
Shift cables
New seals
Dealer fluid (marked for NV-T350)

If you get the tranny from a 95-99 neon, you will need the bellhousing from a 2gnt, as those neons used cable clutches. The VSS from the Neon will not work in the 2gnt. You will need the selector levers from a 2gnt transmission as well.

A quick search will yield threads with more detail as to what you will need and how to do it.

you will also need to do some rewireing because the car will not let you take the keys out of the ignition if it doesnt sence that it is in Park. this will need to be done because you no longer have a Park option.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back