The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

engine swap from 1995 to 1997

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

repsolktm

Probationary Member
Jul 6, 2010
Minot, North_Dakota
Apologize ahead of time for my lack of knowledge. I have a 1997 Eagle Talon TSI manual transmission, non-AWD that the motor is shot (block, pistons, rods are shredded). I have the opportunity to buy a 1995 Eagle Talon TSI AWD automatic (body damage, and cant get a title). I want to take the motor out of the 1995 and put into the 1997. I called local junk yards and they said that 1995 and 1996 TSI motors are different than the 1997 ?? Will i be able to put the 1995 engine into the 1997 without a huge headache, or is it a waste of time? The 1995 body is beyond repair, so I will probably sell all the AWD components after I take the motor (If it will work). Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

I think the only problem you will run into is the cam angle sensors. The 95-96 is on the gear side of the camshaft. You should be able to just switch sensors.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back