The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Engine swap 97gst-into a- 97 rs?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theguyverx2

Probationary Member
Feb 16, 2003
ohio
Is it possible to swap a 97 gs-turbo motor into a 97 rs? I am the owner of an RS model and I want the gst motor. Can this be done if all the parts are collected, seems as though both models are the same in enigine bay size? If anyone knows, PLEASE HELP...THANKS

WHOA, no need to reply...i searched this site and got my answer....it cant be done easily. DAM, I need a new 420 motor than, my old one may not be worth saving at this point. But how much are the 97 420a motors? And when boosted, who has seen the performance side of it.

I am at the stage where my car had just been paid off and I am trying to re vamp the entire engine set up. HELP

its possible, but its a waste of money. sell your car and get a gs-t and it will be already done for you.

Yeah, I would have said that but I don't think he wants to since he just got done paying the car off.

Originally posted by midnght
Yeah, I would have said that but I don't think he wants to since he just got done paying the car off.

Hey thanks for the help and exactly....I want to keep the car. Its paid for ...I will look into the Hahn turbo package

Originally posted by theguyverx2

Hey thanks for the help and exactly....I want to keep the car. Its paid for ...I will look into the Hahn turbo package

hahn is ur best bet. stage 2 and your at 220 hp. go for stage 3.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back