1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

Engine stall

Posted by eclipse420ags, Mar 3, 2013

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication
  1. eclipse420ags

eclipse420ags Proven Member

Joined Feb 20, 2010
    Martinez, Georgia
    Alright guys just took my car down the street after a few upgrades. Car ran fine besides an up and down idle (vauum leak). After egr delete, milling down exhaust manifold (hahn log) flat, boring out my intake to match throttle body (60mm) afx underdrive and crankscraper, it runs good but when I go to stop and let out the clutch it stalls. Should I be concerned or is the stock computer just not used to all the new stuff. Oh and my speedo doesnt work now but the rpms do. Thought that might help.

2. bullettdsm

bullettdsm N/T DSM Wiseman

Joined Dec 17, 2004
    East Hampton, Connecticut
    Give it some time to learn.

As for the speedo, check to be sure your VSS is plugged in. Its located back by the rear roll stop on top of the diff.

MB

3. eclipse420ags

Joined Feb 20, 2010
    Martinez, Georgia
    Ok ill give it some time to learn. Just pulled the vss and the rectangle probe spinning thing:p is bent. That not how it should be is it?

4. eclipse420ags

Joined Feb 20, 2010
    Martinez, Georgia
    So I checked to see if the vss was good and it is, so how hard is it to replace the gear inside?

5. VelocitàPaola

VelocitàPaola Moderator

Joined Jun 14, 2005
    Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
    It's not trivial. You'll have to remove the transmission and open it up.

2K  21

1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse N/T
    manual · 2G DSM