The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Engine Rebuild or New Car?? Any Suggestions

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

98EclipseGST06

15+ Year Contributor
Jul 12, 2006
USA, Illinois
I totalled my car and now i Need to get, a rolling chasey, New engine mounts. So far with the motor all I need is a new crankshaft kit $300-500 (so far thats all I've been able to tell from trying to start it because none of the gears/pulleys go). If there are something worng with the pistons, head, camshafts, connecting rods, replacement prices with everything can be close to 1500-2000. I can also sell some stuff from the car that is still sell-able. I still am paying for the car that isn't there too. Or just buy a whole new 2g DSM for 3500-5000g? I can only afford that because I need a car right away for my needs. So if anyone has any better solutions for my ordeal.

Buy another car, accept your loss. Even if the new car isn't a DSM, you'll still have what's left of the old car to slowly part out for cash.

where in il are you at?

and as far as getting a new car or rebuilding. it may just be better to purchase a whole new car. especially if you need a car asap. rebuilding takes times. and with this big of a rebuild, it may take a little while.

I'm in Warrenville off Route59 North

I plan on being without a car for 5 months tops to get it finished. So its not really that asap but if it can get done faster then it gets done faster.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back