The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

engine rebuild need all new bolts!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rebuild4g63

10+ Year Contributor
Feb 27, 2012
phoenix, Arizona
Hi,
I bought a 97 gst short block I intend to rebuild. The problem is it came with no bolts what so ever. I went to the dealer and he gave me a list of bolts but makes no sense and doesn't have quantities or bolt sizes. Does anyone know where I can find these bolts as a kit? I need new bolts for my water pump, oil pump, rear main seal, oil filter housing and main bearing cap bolts. Thanks in advance.

No vendor or dealer will have a "complete" bolt kit, there are hundreds of bolts.
If any vendor is willing to help, better send them money for lunch.

I suggest downloading the CAPs program and selecting all the bolts that you need. I did just that with my 6 bolt build. PM me your email and I can send you my parts spreadsheet I created if you'd like. It has everything needed for a complete long block build. Just know that I made it for a 6 not 7 bolt, so not everything is the same.

Depending on how many you need, you may be able to pick up a blown engine for cheap and just strip it, if the price of all the bolts becomes to much. Just an option

Junkyard is a good place, but be sure to bring a bag and pen to write down where they came from. Purchasing all the bolts like I did was pricey, but that's what I had to pay since I wanted all new bolts for my new engine.

I've got a large amount of stainless steel bolts. Mostly M6 and M8 sizes....all different lengths. I typically sell them in packages of 50. Shoot me a pm if you'd be interested.

First I have tried extremepsi, they have head bolt sets. wasn't sure dsmgraveyard worked I tried buying a part from themthem and the site wouldn't let me pay LOL. my biggest problem is what sizes I need length blah blah. I went tp the dealer and he said 90$ but I said just print out the sizes I need and the print out is super vague.

I have found that most of the bolts are m8 125 pitch fine thread various lengths. Head bolts and main bearing cap bolts are m10 125 pitch x 70mm and 80ish mm LOL and main seal bolts are m6 x .5'' . Most bolts are flange style except the oil filter housing. People need to have an exact bolt rebuild kit for dsm LOL they have them for american muscle cars. I guess in normal circumstances you wouldn't need all these dang bolts! Thanks for your help guys

Got my replacements from dealer, thats where some the vendors i know of get them from, nice option if your dealer is in town.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back