The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

Engine rebuild ideas

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IgnatiosGR

Probationary Member
Oct 21, 2019
Miami, Florida
Hello, i have a 97 gst 2g just dropped the tranny and motor and i wanted to get some ideas i already took everything apart the block is sitting in my room and before i pull the crank and pistons apart i was wondering which pistons would you recommend because i am thinking to go for about 6-700hp i am going to change the lifter cams valves etc just skeptical on the crank and pistons i should use any tips for the build? Links or full names would help a lot

Last edited by a moderator:
I use eagle pistons and rods they work pretty good for my 400hp build but i do believe you will need a stronger crank for 600hp. for sure among other things. Engine block in your bedroom? Sounds like me in my early 20's LOL

Thats a lit ass build but im trying to be around the 600 mark and be able to daily if needed dont you think cast pistons would do it?
Not from my shop it wouldn't be. If a customer wants 500 or more hp, it gets forged internals.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back