The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

1G Engine reassemble order

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SrKegler

15+ Year Contributor
Feb 29, 2004
Daytona Beach, Florida
Got the engine on the stand, head and internals installed. I was planning on installing the timing components and button up the front. Question is if I do that, when I install the flywheel, the engine may rotate counter clockwise and screw up my mechanical timing.

If I install the flywheel first, can't see how to put the engine back on the stand to do the front. Sorry for such a senile question. Just looking for ideas/suggestions. Thanks

Get some strap steel, bend it, then drill two holes in it. Bolt one end to a bolt hole where the clutch pressure plate mounts and the other to the block. This keeps the flywheel in place so it doesn't try to turn the crank when you're torquing everything down.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I just put a prybar against the ring gear and the floor. Nothing fancy about it.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back