The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

420A Engine putter

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JUSBLAZZIN

Probationary Member
Jul 13, 2020
BROOKLYN, New_York
So I have changed maf sensor oxygen sensors spark plugs wires ignition coil
Nothing seems to work need help with a solution..oh and just purchased new gas filter and fuel injectors. Have yet to install.
Not sure if that's the problem..
Any suggestions will help

I looked through your old posts and couldn't find a clear statement as to what your car is, so please fill out a profile to start with. Then describe the best you can exactly what is going on, "Engine Putter" is far too broad a description.

Sorry guys I don't think I actually mentioned what the problem i was having.
Its a putter that almost stalls then the vacuum sound happens.
Not sure but I've changed plugs wires ignition coil o2 sensors and have just purchased injectors have yet to install injectors..

Ok let me fill in some of the blanks.
I drive a 96 Eagle Talon ESI. I've owned the car for about 2 years. (my wife didn't want me riding the subway) So I took advantage of the opportunity to get back into a manual car. Went on Craigslist searching for any manual vehicle..
And BOOM .dsm it is all by throwing darts at Craigslist.

I also noticed just today that if I hold the car at steady RPM level of 4k the tachometer has a bounce to it, It revs 4k to 4.3k back and forth.
Soo like a vroom vroom ..
A slight accelerations every 2 second and its consistent like it's supposed to idle this way.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you checked your fuel pump and fuel lines? might be something blocking there or the fuel pump is on it's way out, causing intermittent stuttering.

Also, you've mentioned about the tachometer bouncing, does it go erratically and follows the engine's tone or go bouncing on its own? Either way check your power transistor too since it can also cause inconsistency.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back