The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Engine Problem?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TokyoDriftJunior

Probationary Member
Aug 27, 2013
Keene, Texas
Here lately I've been experiencing some kind of surging or something in my engine. I'm not sure what the problem is, I've had a few friends tell me it's my injectors going out, another said the timing was off. But I had been throwing an engine code for my EGR and figured it was causing the surging I had been experiencing. But after I replaced it, I had reset the codes, and the check engine light has stayed off. The surging had kind of died down a bit and now it's back. It only does it when it's up to temp and idling. It will bounce between ~900-~1400 RPM and just keep going. The surges are almost never the same, but sometimes while driving, if I keep it at the same speed, no matter what gear, I can kind of feel it surging a bit too. Not too sure what it is, but I also just recently replaced the spark plugs, and it has 150 Ohms/foot plug wires on it. Not sure if either of those would cause it at all. Any help would be amazing! Thanks guys

O man idle surge is a pain man i was under the hood for hours trying to get mine right boost leak actully fixed it some and the throttle cable adjustment was off amd had slack the tb was clogged up and the iac needed cleaned the biss screw was messed up was leaking from my tb vacume lines its a common problem and alot can fix it follow links they can help alot

Alright, I'll check both of those out. I was reading the first link, and I figured some of those would throw codes, but I guess not all the time. Just my luck, huh? Lol. Thanks for the help though

O man idle surge is a pain man i was under the hood for hours trying to get mine right boost leak actully fixed it some and the throttle cable adjustment was off amd had slack the tb was clogged up and the iac needed cleaned the biss screw was messed up was leaking from my tb vacume lines its a common problem and alot can fix it follow links they can help alot
This post is the perfect example of the average DSM'ers experience with a car with idle problems that hasn't been kept up. If it can go wrong with the idle, it will and has.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back