The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

engine management and internals

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hpexperts

15+ Year Contributor
Sep 30, 2007
Franklin lakes, New_Jersey
1990 awd eclipse.

i just sent my ecm to get socket service, my MAF is messed up i want to get the, GM 3" MAS do i have to get a translator with DSMLINK? if i dont how do i make the changes wiring wise?

my engine is geting rebuilt with arp conrod, main studs, head studs 272 comp cams crower spring and retainers set, fidanza cam gears, balanced shaft removed, with everything else stock. what turbo size should i go for? what exhaust manifold external wastgate prefered, and what intake manifold? how much can i increase the read line with an engine build like this? what should my fuel system be to run this car safe?

thank you T...

I would avoid a 20G like the plague. They've been known to be very unreliable and need rebuilds often. I'd rather see you go with a T3/hybrid if you want to keep your stock manifold and 02 housing. Say like a 50-60trim.

I have been out of the game for a few years (just getting back in) but If I remember correctly you do need a translator to run the GM MAF. If you're gonna go that route do a customer intercooler pipe and set it up blow thru style. If you're not sure what that is just ask.

Yes, you need a translator to run the 3" MAF with DSMlink. As for the turbo, your stock internals would be good for 350-400 horse. So it depends upon what your goals are. A 20g is a good turbo. I've never heard of it being unreliable and needing rebuilds often, unless your buying from ebay. But for the money you would spend on a good 20g you could get a 50 trim for a fraction of that cost. And with a good setup/tune a 50 trim could put you around 400. For the exhaust manifold, if you have the cash to dish out go with a DNP or schearer or punishment with a Tial 38mm. For fuel 780's with a Walbro 255 will suffice. And i wouldn't increase red line at all until you build the bottom end a little more

If money is a problem, which I assume it is if your asking whether or not you need a MAF-T with the GM MAF, you could look into MegaSquirt. This uses speed density, and has an onboard MAP sensor, so you wouldn't need a MAF, or a MAF-T. It will also give you much more tuning potential.

For the turbo and fuel, we'd want to know your goals.

Megasquirt would be a great alternative. Cost effective and user friendly. Also you could do some research on ECU+. I personally have never had experience with this software but i've heard only good things about it from users. Also cheaper than DSMlink with GM MAF setup. It works like an SAFC by "tricking" the ecu. But you also get ignition control with it.

where can i get a good 50 trim with external wastegate manifold i like the DNP? what is the spool like on a 50 trim? i already bought dsmLink and i am gona purchase the GM MAS and a translator and 750 injectors. what about intake manifold? do i need an aftermarket one?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back