The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

Engine Issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kantar77

Probationary Member
Jan 15, 2009
Brandon, Manitoba_Canada
Hello everyone.

I just bought a plymouth laser rs turbo, its been sitting actually all winter havn't run it, so i go out this morning to try and start it and when i turn the ignition, all i get is a clicking sound. I was thinking its the starter or the batter isnt strong enough.

Try to jump start it with another car

Thats A good Idea. But lets say it wasnt the battery what else could it possibly be?

If your car is a maunal trans you could always push start it to make sure the engine will even run, however I would personally check the battery and cables first. All cars have iod's which is ignition off draw what that means is there is always current being robbed from your battery while the ignition is off. Being parked all winter would certainly drain a battery. I believe you "thinking the battery is weak" is spot on. My 2 cents

Definately on point with the battery charge. If that doesn't fix it check the large wire ends where they bolt to the starter motor and make sure they haven't pulled out of the crimped end. Sounds like the battery just has enough charge left in it to throw out the starter solenoid and not actually spin the starter motor.

I recommend seriously cleaning your battery terminals while you're at it, and the battery cable clamps as well. I've run into all sorts of weirdo problems that were all fixed with a good cleaning and/or battery cable replacement. It's so weird how the simplest thing can cause so many problems, but it's absolutely worth cleaning them up.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back