The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

engine identification

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spyderdrifter

10+ Year Contributor
Jul 11, 2009
Somewhere in, Colorado

So I just installed an engine wire harness from a '95 GSX into my '95 GS-T. Had no issues putting it in, but my car still won't start. I've been reading around and found forums which talk about swaps to the CAS if a 1G 6-bolt is put into a 2G and by the description of the sensor swap with it, I think that may have been done to mine before I bought it. How do I find out if mine is a 6-bolt without removing the transmission to look at the flywheel? Is there any identification codes stamped on the block that I can research? I know there's certain apperance differences between the 1G & 2G engines and mine looks like it should be the 2G 7-bolt but now I'm not too sure it actually is. Thanks in advance.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back