The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Engine help!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kriston1987

Probationary Member
Sep 22, 2008
San Antonio, Texas
Hello,

I bought a Talon and the engine was shot but I figure I can take it apart and check out what exactly is wrong with it. I'm not really familiar wit doing so but its a project and I think its time for me to learn how to do more with the engine. By the way, the guy said that it lost engine pressure and also that there was a crack in the oil filter housing. Going to be taking the head off today and looking at the block itself. If there is any advice it would be much appreciated. Thanks!

id say you pretty much need to rebuild it if theres low compression and a crack in the oil filter part. When you pull it apart check the head see if theres nothing with it and as for the block look to see if there any crack and you will see oil or antifreez coming out and for the most part just by looking at the piston you will know if there bad or not.

when you say engine pressure what do you mean compression or engine oil pressure?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back