The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

2G Engine Harness noob question.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SwiftKidGSX

15+ Year Contributor
Jul 11, 2003
Cerritos, California
So I'm parting out an eclipse and was asked for the engine harness. Okay no problem, shot over the pictures. Later on he states "as long as I can plug in my fans..." well I noticed the engine harness separates in two sections and was stumped that the other half are for the fans, alternator, etc. Question is, I don't want to cheat the feller or be cheated.

Is an engine harness the "whole thing" or just what physically connects to the engine which is the first section of the harness?

I'll make this clear to him but before i do, i want to be clear from both sides.

Thanks fellas!

The engine control harness is for the engine's sensors, injectors, and into the ECU, etc.. The engine compartment harness has the fans, alternator, headlights, fogs, etc., on it.

As you noted, they are separate so it sounds to me he needs to specify which one he's needing.

Of course a part-out situation is completely negotiable, in my experience. Some parts are like gold, even used, if in good condition. Other items, well, it depends on finding the right buyer at the right time. Depends on how quickly you want to be rid of the parts, I suppose, too. Having the right knowledge helps both parties enjoy a fair deal, as you desire, so now you can assure that any misunderstandings will not interfere.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back