The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

engine got the funk

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4g63swap

15+ Year Contributor
Aug 9, 2003
MichiganUS
:confused: don't know whats going on have 30psi oil pressure at start up but once it gets to opperating temp the psi starts to drop and blows some white/blue smoke.. what could be the problem????
thanks

My money is on the head gasket. The white smoke can ONLY be from coolant getting into the combustion chamber and burning and will smell sweet. The other smoke is excessive oil buring in the chamber again head gasket related with coolant. Check your oil level its more than likely way full with coolant. Not good for the bearings but if cought early they will be OK.

The other smoke is excessive oil buring in the chamber again head gasket related with coolant
:confused:

That can be a lot of other things as well, espeically since it has a blue tint to it. Turbo could be going, rings, valve seals...etc

DSM's = low oil pressure, as long as it rises linearly with close to about 10psi per 1k RPM I wouldn't worry about it.

well heres a little more info(not much more starter took a crap so I cant get it to run) just did a 6 bolt swap had really high oil pressure on the first start up shut it donw after 20 sec of high oil pressure. checked some things, had to cahnge oil filter housing, restarted had 30 psi at idle but was blowing white smoke(thought I would change pisons at this point also) thought it was a bad gasket but the throttle body was leaking coolant into the intake. fixed that.had the head off so I replaced the pistons (installed the rings the right way, shop that did it the first time put them in upside down) put the head back on torqued to spec with arp bolts(85psi) start the car (30psi oil) let it warm up get to about 130 deg 140deg oil psi starts to drop the hoter the car gets the lower the oil goes also on start up no smoke at all when the pressure starts to drop thats when I get the smoke.

sorry for such a long post I just need to get this fixed

thanks

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back