The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Engine Block Question.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wilsonman02

20+ Year Contributor
Oct 11, 2002
Pa
Ok this may be a newbie question, but i was just curious, what are the differences between a 6bolt long and short block. Which is better, is one street and the other track. What are pro's and con's. I'm really in the dark on this one.

Originally posted by Wilsonman02
Ok this may be a newbie question, but i was just curious, what are the differences between a 6bolt long and short block. Which is better, is one street and the other track. What are pro's and con's. I'm really in the dark on this one.
Greg this is a fantastic example of where a bit or research would have saved you some embarrassment. My reccomendation would be to delete the thread after you read it.

Usually the short block refers to the block, pistons, rods, crank etc aka bottom end. The longblock usually refers to the bottom end plus head and cams.

ahh yes i see, hey u got AIM, to help me out a little bit? i see your from reading, thats like a half hour up 222 from my house.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back