The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

Engine Blew!!!Can anyone tell me why.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BOBS90TURBO

20+ Year Contributor
Sep 18, 2002
Tulsa, Oklahoma
This morning I had just got off the expressway where I had been doing about 65 to 70, I got off and when I went to take a right rurn my engine made a pdddddd rod knocking sound and died and would not start back up , only turn over slower than normal, before this it was running fine, not heating up no smoke, the only problem I had was a hairline crack in my exhaust manifold that seemed to make me produce too much boost even though I was watching my gauge and was keeping it under 4 psi mostly around -10 psi. I took it to the shop today and was told I have zero compression across the board, last week I was over 150 on all four.
Any ideas???????????????

-Is your timing belt ok? no strip teeth or anything? any contaminant in the motor oil and/or coolant?

Originally posted by BOBS90TURBO
Timing belt and cams are perfect, I took the cover off today looks like I melted my rings or pistons somehow.
"Cover off"? You need to get the head off to see the pistons. I'm still betting timing belt, stripped at the crank. It'll leave your cam gear area looking fine.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back