The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Engine Bay [Merged 7-7] cleanup clean up unclutter tidy neat

Does the engine bay look better?

• Yes, it looks MUCH better than stock.

Votes: 42 89.4%
  • No, it looks g@y, you should have kept it stock.

Votes: 5 10.6%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This is one thing Ive always been jealous about w/ the Honda guys. They can clean up their engine bays very nicely. My bud has a really clean Integra that had a wire tuck done. He had the battery moved down to inside the bumper, in front of the tire on the passenger side and a few misc. things. It now looks super clean. I had to remove basically everythign off my car to make it look half as good as his, luckily it wasnt a DD.

As far as what i removed to make some room was relocating battery to trunk, removing A/C, P/S and CC, speed density (not all us are this lucky), short route piping, small catch can to get rid of that pesky line, COP setup, I also switched most of my fuel and water lines over to -6 or -8 lines which although doesnt free up room makes things look more organized and therefore gives the illusion of extra space.

This made it a lot easier to work on the car and gave it more appeal but it cost me lots of money to do it and lots of time.

Good Luck!

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

ok so i have no idea what the big grey box is in the middle, with the hose/wires coming out of it. also, where is the cruise control located?

That's the engine, you might need it...

You should do before and after pics and maybe a how to so everyone else has an idea on how to make it look better.
;)

the firewall clean it up all thats on mine is the wiper motor everything else is out of site, the transistor pack is inside the car on the firewall. all extra hoses not neeed, no cruise, looks really nice. ill post pics when its done, good luck on your project.

Victor I have seen several hard lines on the firewall. They could be brake lines I just haven't looked them up yet. I'm just trying to take notes for doing this project next winter/spring.

I'm working on a wire tuck right now and shaving the engine bay. The car is gone to paint right now but here are some pictures of it before paint.

Blue tape indicates holes that were welded up

What the engine looked like before

the dc sports bar looks to be the best strut bar for the 2g. not that flex prone adjustable ones.. and of course you have those ebay ones that add holes within the bar for design... how is that suppose to be solid? and it runs very close to the positive terminal.

i really need to get that dc bar. finally someone with decent pics of it on.

Hello everyone at dsm tuner im new to the site and a am building/ restoring a 96 mitsubishi eclipse rs i believe, it has leather interior and no sunroof if that helps, it has fire damage under the hood, its is a 420A with a flawless body and interior, i picked it up with a full exhaust header back, tein suspension, a b&m short shifter and 17 inch motegi wheels, the car looks great and i only paid 500 dollars for it so i thought it was a steal , it turns out a police officer used to own it , and he parked it at his house , and a few hours later his neighbor knocked on his door and told him his car was on fire haha, and so it only has 114,000 origional miles on it but there is quite a bit of burnt wires an misc. things under the hood that have been melted, do u think this is worth fixing, or should i simply part it out, i want to restore it and i have bought a majority of the parts and now i think all i need is a harness possibly, and a timing belt, also i was wondering, do i need an egr valve? or can i simply throw it out.. ive removed the a/c because i want no engine bay clutter, i am looking to remove all the absolutely unnecessary things from the bay, could someone possibly make a list of things that i can scrap from the engine bay, because all i want to see under the hood of my car when im done is what is needed to make it run and drive, i pretty much dont give a crap about emissions control haha

thanx alot everyone , your help will be greatly appreciated!

Damn I hate fire damage, I suggest ripping the engine out and stripping/painting it while your at it.
Fire destroys a lot of things like wiring harness' to seals,
Any pics of the damage?

Only thing you need to run is an alternator(unless you like driving 10 miles between charges) and a water pump.
I think you can figure out what doesnt belong.

Power steering system. Just connect both sides of the rack with a hose to close the system. PS is overrated anyhow :D

Hey!! ive got a huge picture of my dirty engine bay soaking in purple power, anyway....

What quick or somewhat easy things can i do with wiring and pushing to make this thing cleaner looking!??

Attachments

• haha.jpg
    haha.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 618
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back