The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Engine bay fuel line routing

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steven A Schiltz

Proven Member
Apr 13, 2019
Memphis, Tennessee
Hi y'all got a stupid question ( if you'd consider it) but I know these cars are much different but when I look at mine it kinda doesn't make since ( by previous owner set up ) so my understanding is the fuel feed (from the rail) is on the driver side and the fuel return is on the passenger side (4g63t) so my question is what im saying is it backwards because on my car the fpr( have a fuel lab one) is linked in on the driver side and the fuel filter is on the passenger side. Is this correct? Iv always known fuel filter to be in the feed side.

Yes, on the Turbo cars the pump feeds the filter then into the fuel rail and the FPR on the other end dumps what it doesn't need to maintain pressure in the rail down the return line to the tank.

I seem to remember the NA 2G's with 420A's use a regulator back by the tank and single feed line to the engine. But it's late and I might be confusing cars.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back