The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Energy Drinks

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blue98gst

10+ Year Contributor
Oct 11, 2008
Salinas, California
I thought I would start a thread to find out how many of you drink energy drinks. Personally, I think red bull is the best all around energy drink as far as taste and power, the only thing is that it's hella expensive for an 8oz can. I usually get a 16oz or 24oz rockstar if I really want alot of drink. I started out drinking only monster, but have since gotten tired of the same taste all the time. I also like Nos and Full throttle. What kinds of energy drinks do you get?

I have tasted: Sobe, Cyclone, RedBull, Full Throttle, RockStar, Monster, NOS and Sparks(contains alcohol) energy drinks
As far as taste i have to say the Monster and its variety of flavors
I use them when im traveling very late night and feel sleepy to stay up
Also when i go to sleep very late and wake up early in the morning to have a pumped up day

My favorite is the zero carb rockstar that comes in the blue can, and a very close second is the original monster... spike is good too

I really like the coffee monsters, such as mean bean, mocha loca, and oringinale...

I still love Jolt Blue.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

"All the sugar and twice the caffeine."
The original energy drink!

Nutritional Information:

280 milligrams of caffeine!

After drinking this, you're a ticking time bomb, waiting to crash. :hellyeah:

Red bull consumption (although excessive - 2 to 3 a day easy) put me in the hospitol 3 time from march till may of 2008. It actually ate my stomach lining out to where my body would not allow me to intake ANYTHING (not even water, not even a sip to wet my tongue) without sending me in to unstoppable convulsions of vomiting nothing but bile and then after a while i got so raw it turned to blood. I had to have every fluid and nutrient delivered via IV in my arm (one in each) for a couple of days, then i had to take pills that were 38 bucks a piece before i could eat a meal like suop, ice cream ( i was very limited to what i could eat until i was better... it sucked.. once i waiteed it 5 days, lost 15 pounds and didn't have the enrgy to walk myself to the ER, I drove there, fell out of the truck and blacked out, next thing i know people are screaming he's dead, he's dead get a gourney...then i moaned and puked and they were happy LOL

3 different visits, CT scans, a million blood test, ulcer test, then a camera down my throat and all the could figure was teh redbull ( the sickness would coincide with when i drank them after the first incident) If the cutting out the red bull didn't stop it they were going to send me to the May Clinic in MN for "exploratory surgery" I still have one KNOW AND THEN but nothing like i use to.. Not to mention the kidney stones i've seen it give people.. How ould you like to piss out a rock about the diameter of a match stick and about 3/8th of an inchl long while screaming in agony straining to get it out? NOt me... i should even drink as my mountain do as i know do...water is your freind!!!!

Damn turboglenn that's messed up... Sort of making me reconsider drinking so much of this stuff but its so hard... I go to school at 6:30am and finish at 8:05 pm 5 days a week for the past seven months... Energy drinks have been my friend.... Rockstar and Monster are both great... Redbull I guess is too small in the little can to do anything to me....

I drink energy drinks all the time. I personally like Amp, it tastes pretty good and it's not as crazy on the caffeine.

I have had though: Rockstar (all flavors I have ever seen), Monster (all flavors), NOS and NOS Grape, Full Throttle Orange and Agave, Rumba Red Bull and Cocaine (the drink boys).

I like Full Throttle, NOS, and the Monster Coffee flavors. The same thing happend to my buddy. He is 20 years old and had a mild stroke from drinking redbull. He was hooked to heart monitors for over a week. The doctor told him if he didnt stop drinking energy drinks he could die from heart attack at a very young age.

I used to drink them just to be able to function when I had to be up at 4:30 (two hour commute with a 10 hour day). But when I started getting queasy every time I drank one I switched to coffee and never looked back. IMO coffee does just as much for me but doesn't give me the same jitters and has never made me sick even though I drink nearly a pot a day, it is significantly cheaper and you can use it as an excuse to be social.

The coffee flavored Monsters are great, all of them, and on the east coast we have an energy drink called "Rip It". Rip It's come in a 24oz can, are only 99 cents, and taste as good as any energy drink out there.

Check out Celsius, available at Vitamin Shop, GNC, Kroger, etc.
New product so hard to find, but the Tea's are good, as well as some of the soda. - stay away from the cola....

Energy drink proven to burn 100 calories or more, plus sustained energy for hours....

Celsius: The Great Taste of Burning Calories

Holy cow "gorf" you live right down the road from where I work. Never seen any turbo dsm's 'round these parts. Stop by the convient store on Ephesus Church road for a freggin Rip It.

Holy cow "gorf" you live right down the road from where I work. Never seen any turbo dsm's 'round these parts. Stop by the convient store on Ephesus Church road for a freggin Rip It.
I'm here too.

:)

Monster Low-Ball and the occasional Sparks is it for me. Most energy drinks taste like hot ass.

i have found that NOS, at least two bottles will get me where i am going in a hurry. taste is better than most drinks, and the boost, pun intended, is quite nice.

Ephesus Church road - in Chapel Hill? I live in the Sub right across the street - Briarcliff.

Car is currently up on blocks having a built engine dropped in it.
Drop by
CarolinaDSM
for more local folks - not too many in our area, but I did see two riced out 2g's yesterday down on 54.

I rely on the caffeine and sugar in a good southern brew ice tea to keep me awake if I have to. It got me through a 277 page book and a 4 page paper last night. :thumb: I only drink the Jolts on occasion, when I know exactly when I can crash.

I'm just not big on energy drinks. When I make iced tea, I use black tea (with it's wonderful caffeine) and enough sugar that it sometimes can't all dissolve. My friend drank a sip one time, and I quote "You could send a humming bird into a diabetic coma with that tea!" :hellyeah: And at less than $1 to make a gallon, it's about as cheap as it gets.

Guys, I'm telling you, listen to one of the posts on here. Those drinks are a one way ticket to an early grave, I'm telling you right now.

I have been guilty myself of drinking these from time to time, but chronic use is as bad as....well....you might as well smoke some crack, cause it's going to kill you just the same. I'm going to try and dig up some articles on this for ya all. Not trying to knock here, just trying to help. It's real bad man, real bad. :nono:

Try organic green tea, it has natural caffine, plus the antioxidants your body needs to replenish damaged cells. I thought it was crazy at first when the girlfriend mentioned it, but she got me drinking it, and now I don't even drink coffee anymore.

Ephesus Church road - in Chapel Hill? I live in the Sub right across the street - Briarcliff.
I used to manage Nantucket Cafe. :p

Time to bring back local meets, it seems.

In the interest of the thread, I did see a 12% alcohol energy drink at the store...need to get the name.

Sugarfree Redbull here for me.
However i have been taking prilosec for about 2 years due to a "stomach ulcer" issue (so i thought) but it was unbearable if i didnt take the pills.
Well i went on a keto diet (just tryin get my bf % down to 6 pack status again and keto is the way to do that) for about 6 weeks and not only did i lose 15ish lbs. but i dont take prilosec anymore. During the diet, idk if it was cutting carbs or eliminating the energy drinks, but i non longer have to take the sh!t anymore to be able to eat!

...In the interest of the thread, I did see a 12% alcohol energy drink at the store...need to get the name.

Spykes 12% ABV.

I had a few alcoholic energy drinks while playing ultimate one weekend. Talk about a weird feeling; hyped up on the drink and endorphins while exhibiting a lack of coordination caused by rapid, mass alcohol consumption. :ohdamn:

Yep, that's college.

I don't see how anyone can drink red bull, it tastes horrible and it cost way to much. I rarely drink energy drinks, but when I do, it's Amp or green Monster's.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back