The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Emissions in California Questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eddyspaghetti

Proven Member
Mar 27, 2016
san francisco, California
hi fellow dsm'rs I can really use you're guys help. Im based out of NorCal and really don't know any dsm'rs so I have no connections, I dont feel comfortable talkin about this on a open forum. (SMOG)please DM me?? I'd really appreciate it, thank you in advance

Last edited:
I can understand why you'd be worried asking publicly about emissions in CA. Posting the names of shops who might be lenient could potentially get them shut down, and get you in trouble with the state as well. I'd probably be careful about that too. Can't be too careful these days ;)

Agreed. Wasn't really thinking of talking shop names, just what to do with a modded car to still pass.
Dam I'm glad I don't have to go through that stuff here in KS.

I can understand why you'd be worried asking publicly about emissions in CA. Posting the names of shops who might be lenient could potentially get them shut down, and get you in trouble with the state as well. I'd probably be careful about that too. Can't be too careful these days ;)

Pretty much that^ I heard a shop had gotten caught and was charged 1k-5k per vehicle they had caught them pushing through the system in there investigation. Amongst suspending there smog license and fining the shop on top of the 1k-5k per vehicle.

Pretty much that^ I heard a shop had gotten caught and was charged 1k-5k per vehicle they had caught them pushing through the system in there investigation. Amongst suspending there smog license and fining the shop on top of the 1k-5k per vehicle.
Exactly, Josh. I'm not promoting the idea of illegal smogs here, but posting information about shops that might be a little "lax" with their inspections isn't necessarily in the best interests of DSMers. Especially when it's been rumored that the state browses online communities to find those shops and fine them/shut them down. I would say to use discretion, both with publicly discussing shop names and also what you're posting about your own efforts to skirt the system.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back