The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Embarrassment courtesy of DSM

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thehyena

Banned Member
Mar 3, 2003
--_Other_Parts_of_the_World
What's the most embarrassing noise/thing your dsm has ever or does on the road. mine was when the belts squeeled everytime i hit the gas or when my crank pully was going and it sounded like i had a mouse caught in my belts. So i was just curious as to what embarrassments your dsm's have caused you.

belts for sure, the power steering belt screamed like a , so i cut the belt off in the school parking lot, no squeek, come in the next day and everyone goes "how come ur car didnt squeel?" :) victory

you can drive without a power steering belt?

my most embarrassing thing, while down at a meet in DC, we were all parked w/ about 200 ricers at the BK parking lot in manassas, and as the dsmers were leaving I had the belts squealing problem as well and as soon as I started my car, had to listen to that while everyone stared, then I go to back out and I grinded reverse cause you know how much our cars don't like to go into reverse on the first try.....then since it was cold I, of course, had the valve tap, so that's my most embarrassing moment.

yupper - itz a little wierder having to move that wheel with ur own arm, but u can do it, itz kinda hard at like 5-10mph but once the car is moving you can spin the wheel like normal

Daaamn Trevor, that REALLY sucks, yea my car almost always grindz it out in reverse LOL, but yea, infront of a ton of ricers and DSMers, that would be a Week Long RedFace for me ;)

ohhh, to top that off, on the way back to nikki's place down in VA I got rear ended by a DSM girl who was trying to race me and tailgating me..., overall a bad/embarrassing night...LOL.
the belt problem is now solved, car is fixed, and I have a symborski shift kit which helps a lot with grinding gears since it makes the shift so much smoother now!:D

The fact that it used to cut off at every stoplight, only way to prevent it was to put it in neutral and passengers would always ask, 'Uh, isn't you're car automatic? WTF are you doing?' :mad:

Originally posted by afox50x
The fact that it used to cut off at every stoplight, only way to prevent it was to put it in neutral and passengers would always ask, 'Uh, isn't you're car automatic? WTF are you doing?' :mad:
:laugh: i do that too i also drive with my hand on the shifter. I do downshift and put it in neutral when needed but i dunno why i put my hand on it in the first place :confused:

i was taking my girlfriend out to dinner, 3 days after a jdm transplant and my car caught on fire while i was driving and burned for a good 20 minutes in a parking lot until the firetrucks showed up. hows that one? :(

Originally posted by Isotta91
i was taking my girlfriend out to dinner, 3 days after a jdm transplant and my car caught on fire while i was driving and burned for a good 20 minutes in a parking lot until the firetrucks showed up. hows that one? :(
i dunno that's not embarrassing.....that's just sad

p.s. I knew that's what you were gonna put :)

Stalled out right infront of school, good thing nobody saw me. phew

I personally think the valve tapping is embarrassing. Its weird I was just talking to my roomates about that. It makes you want to roll down your window and tell everyone that its normal. They probably think my car is pos.

When i blew my turbo and it would let out puffs of thick white smoke while i drove. I swear that everyone has to stop what they were doin to look.

Sometimes my car likes to shoot a little gas out of the tailpipe and dirty up perfectly clean cars.....even better, my g/f's mom always asks how long my car has been running for, as if it breaks down all the time or something :rolleyes:

Originally posted by LandoAWD
Sometimes my car likes to shoot a little gas out of the tailpipe and dirty up perfectly clean cars.....even better, my g/f's mom always asks how long my car has been running for, as if it breaks down all the time or something :rolleyes:
you mean it dosn't?

umm..I guess it would be my badly warped rotors that are currently screaching and letting out a gowd awful noise that would wake the dead.
time for some powerslot ones:thumb:

poo>factory rotors OMG

My most embarassing was when I was trying to get someone to race me while we were driving next to him down the street. My belt on my Air Conditioning started to shred on me, and it started making a nasty noise. So I pulled over, cut off the belt, and went back after. Got him to go out and race, and smoked him. So I got my dignity back.

Well, right now the throw out bearing is making an awful racket:mad:. Though it seems to go away at stop lights, much to my relief.

Yeah, alternator belt here. Screams like a banshee when I start the car. Goes away after a minute or so. I've replaced the belt 3 times using different manufacturers belts and it still does it.

hmmm... embarrasing moments. where do we start ? having the date in your car and the sun roof leaks and goes right down your back ? or perhaps when you go to pop your trunk and it doesnt open, so you have to run back into your car and get your keys to open it. how about grinding reverse? either it grinding or not goin in at all. nope never had any embarrsing moments :rolleyes:

Squealing alternator belt definitely. What's worse is that it snapped and stranded me on the highway. Or, how about when my battery leaked and my car stalled and I barely coasted into a Ford dealership. The longest embarrasment lasted 18 days. Last December my car wouldn't start. After days of fiddling with it, I had it flatbedded to the dealer. The whole time, during the whole ordeal, the people living across the street would be outside and just chuckle. I was embarrassed from day one up until their station wagon stopped running that weekend. I think the Talon invoked the DSM gods on it, 'cause their car is still not right even today and it's probably just a clogged fuel filter by the way it acts!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back