The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Elvis has left the building: The last Eclipse has rolled-off.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I really don't mind that the eclipse is going away simply because I do not care at all the direction they have been taking. I look at all these newer imports like the genesis coupe and nissan 370z and then look at the eclipse and see 2 totally different types of vehicles.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

MECUM TO OFFER LAST PRODUCTION 2012 MITSUBISHI ECLIPSE DURING ST. CHARLES AUCTION

Proceeds from Special Edition Car to Benefit Japan Red Cross

MARENGO, Ill. - Mecum Auctions will sell a special 2012 Mitsubishi Eclipse Coupe SE 3.8L - after 22 years, the very last production Eclipse to ever come off the assembly line and the only V-6 to receive the SE package - during their annual St. Charles Auction, Sept. 15-18, 2011, at Pheasant Run Resort in St. Charles, Ill.

The special-edition Eclipse was custom built by Mitsubishi Motors North America, Inc. to commemorate the end of Eclipse production and to be auctioned at no reserve with all proceeds to be donated to the Japan Red Cross earthquake relief. This rare, one-of-one vehicle features a Kalapana Black paint scheme that was selected by the Mitsubishi Facebook community, 18-inch Dark Argent wheels, SE lower side graphics, sunroof, leather interior, 650w Rockford Fosgate 9-speaker audio system with SiriusXM, hands-free Bluetooth phone interface, rearview camera and HID headlights.

Mitsubishi began producing the iconic Eclipse in 1989, selling four generations of the model over the last 22 years. Total sales since production started is 980,000 cars, making the Eclipse the best-selling Japanese brand sports car of the last 20 years.

"Our goal with this Mitsubishi Eclipse SE was to create a very special car that would best honor the closing of this vehicle families' chapter, built at our Normal, Illinois facility," said Greg Adams, VP Marketing & Product Planning at Mitsubishi Motors North America. "We believe this one-off 2012 Mitsubishi Eclipse SE will become a highly collectible automobile, and we are excited to work with Mecum Auctions to offer it to collectors at their high-energy events."

Mecum will auction the Mitsubishi Eclipse (Lot S100) on Saturday, Sept. 17 at 1:55 p.m. The sale will be broadcast live on Mecum's national TV show "Mecum Auto Auction: Muscle Cars & More" on Discovery Communications' HD Theater.

The St. Charles Auction is open to the general public with tickets available at the door for just $15 per day. For more information or to become a registered bidder for this auction, visit Mecum Auction: Live Classic, Collector, Corvette and Muscle Car Auctions or call 815.568.8888.News Source: Mecum

Sad to see the end and what it has become compared to its debut back in 1989.

If they really wanted to commemorate the eclipse that car should have been AWD and turbo. Thats the real roots of the popularity of the eclipse in the first place. It was todays evo but 2 door.

all mitsu models that aren't hybrid or full electric are getting cancelled over the next few years as they start to globally introduce an all electric/ hybrid car line to capture more of the world market. The us market for them is tiny

They should have made the 4g come in a turbo awd package. I guess it would have cut into the evo sales. I believe it would have out sold the evos. I know I would have thought about buying one. The eclipse DIED after 99'. The 3g eclipse is awful, styling and performance.

About dam time. The eclipse line has gone dramatically down hill since the last of the '99s. This last 2012 Noel to be auctioned sounds nothing special and to be excited about. A big let down if you ask me. I agree with others that they should have made it awd and Turbo. Now that would be some to be excited about!

Maybe just maybe in 25 years when i'm 50 years old they will try to bring it back like some of the american model cars going around now. But like everyone else would say if this is ever to be done it needs to me a remake of the 1g or 2g. I am a 2g guy but i had a 1g for about a year and a half and i loved it. I just love my 2g's more. 2033 remake of a 1g would kinda be sick right in time for my mid life crisis :thumb:

Maybe just maybe in 25 years when i'm 50 years old they will try to bring it back like some of the american model cars going around now. But like everyone else would say if this is ever to be done it needs to me a remake of the 1g or 2g. I am a 2g guy but i had a 1g for about a year and a half and i loved it. I just love my 2g's more. 2033 remake of a 1g would kinda be sick right in time for my mid life crisis :thumb:

If history proves itself!!! All the old muscle cars got a remake...maybe mitsu will do the same. Hopefully they do model it after a 1g or 2g

Their cancelling eclpses too..I thougth it was just the evo's..I guess it's buy a kia if you want a nice turbo mits now..

They aren't canceling evos, I read in a repair shop magazine that gets delivered to the shop i worked at that the lancer/evo will no longer be a performance car, but they are developing them into a "sport hybrid." Yay. :barf:

Maybe the Eclipse will have a spiritual successor and make a resurgence down the road like the Camaro and GTO did.

It'll have hover pads, run on a solar/liquid coal motor, and it'll have a chute to spit out your boy Elroy.

Right now, if you want a turbo'd Mitsu in a two door, you buy a Genesis Coupe.

Didn't like the 3g or 4g eclipse model, though I guess 4g was way better than that hideous thing they put out for the 3g. Either way, can't say I'm sad to see it go. No turbo, no AWD, no good looks. Good riddance.

Its the end of a nameplate that had already been neutered and ####ified beyond recognition. Hopefully we see it come back like many of the muscle cars listed above but I have the feeling the last truly bad ass Eclipse ever rolled off the assembly line over a decade ago.

Tim
DSM Parts

If history proves itself!!! All the old muscle cars got a remake...maybe mitsu will do the same. Hopefully they do model it after a 1g or 2g

The difference is there was a demand for those nameplates to make a resurgence.

Nobody really gives a shit about the Eclipse name, or mitsu for that matter. Theyre about on par with isuzu or suzuki automobiles these days; no dealerships for hours and no demand but somehow the parent corporation still makes cars.

Sent from my iPhail using Tapatalk while doing 90 on the freeway and streetracing through traffic. What now?

We sold Mitsu at the dealership I used to work at, but dropped them. I don't see an Eclipse comeback. The muscle car remakes came back cause they are a part of american history and thats what people wanted. Pretty much nobody except DSM and Evo guys really give a shit about mitsu. I wouldn't be suprised if they just left the U.S at some point here in the future. Hell half of the DSM/Evo guys don't give a shit about mitsu except for their corresponding cars.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back