The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

1G Electrical issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Happys_TSI

5+ Year Contributor
Nov 29, 2017
Oregon, Ohio
Sorry to post off topic on your thread. But I’m having a problem with my 90 tsi awd. Not long ago I took the wire harness out to inspect and repair where needed. The only wires I replaced were for the knock sensor and the injectors. I made sure all connections were good. Now that the harness in back in and everything is plugged in, The car won’t start. Before taking the harness out, the car would start every time but after driving a while it would start acting up and losing throttle response and bucking then eventually stalling, not wanting to start till the motor was cold. I’ve checked and tested every variable i know that could cause it besides buying all brand new parts. Had the ecu tested and rebuilt, new ptu, new coil and wires. Changed all fuses and fixed any shaky wiring. Tested tps. Passed compression test 150 across the board. Passed boost leak test. Now that I had put the harness back in. I have power to the ecu. The Mpi relay clicks twice, once when turning to acc and again when turning to start. the fuel pump only gets power when I turn the key to crank the vehicle, before it would prime on acc because It was wired that way by previous owner. but the car doesn’t crank. Starter was bad. Got a new starter, now only cranks with 12v gator clip on the signal prong. But when it cranks i don’t smell fuel and it doesn’t even attempt to start. I plan to check for spark when I have more time. I don’t know what else to check I’ve looked over several forums and can’t get any information that helped so far. Any input is appreciated. Thanks.

youd probably have better luck making your own post about it instead of posting it on a completely unrelated topic
You know I would have done that but I’m new to the site cuz my old account info got lost. I’m pretty sure probationary members aren’t allowed to start a new thread. I saw ur recent post and it had to do with the mpi circuit. so I posted mine here. Didn’t mean to upset you.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back