The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Electrical and Computer Engineers or Students: Check in Here

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perch - Tsi said:
Computer engineer in the hiz-ouse!

anybody find a job not invloving a cubicle? :cry:

ever hook anybodys nipple rings to a function generator when they pass out drunk?
quality edumacation right there buddy, definetely a square wave,

tossing charged 120V (75Farad) caps does it better...
Man they sting like a sonnofa...
great though, because peoples first reaction it so catch what is thrown to them...
Also, the caps from toss away cameras are great too! ROFL :D

Oh, IT sys here...
just like messing with electronics sometimes though.

Kevin Doe said:
I'm a ME.

This thread looks like a good place to pose a question about making an electircal device.

I want to make a device that will flash a LED if battery voltage goes under 11.5V, and flash the same LED twice as fast if battery voltage goes above 15.5V. The voltage numbers I gave are just estimates and i might decide to change the acual numbers at which it will flash.

I assume this could be done with a chip with some simple logic programmed in, but I have no idea.

To me it seems like it would only require two wires, one positive voltage to be measured, and one chassis ground.

If anyone can help me out, I'd really appreciate it. PM me if you can help.

Thanks,
Kevin
a comparator circuit would be easiest...
with 2 timing circuits/or dual timing chip...

Mr96GSX408 said:
3rd year Computer Engineering student here!

Going to Cal Poly - San Luis Obispo! :thumb:

Cal Poly Pomona here. :rocks: oh sorry, but im a civil eng., thinking of changing to mechanical eng. though.

allturbo said:
ME over here. Not all ME jobs are desk jobs, the field is huge so it depends on what you want to do. For example, pure design and analysis is primarily a desk type job, but you can go into design and R&D which is fun. Here's an example of the senior project ME's can do at my school, there's a lot of strength calcs, fluid dynamics, etc involved, but a lot of hands on shiz too. http://www.csupomona.edu/~fsae/index2.htm The last mini-formula car they made used a forced induction gsxr. I'm probably going to sign up for the '06 car they are making so I can kill my senior project and have fun at the same time.

hey you still have the black stockies on your car right? if you do, i saw your car this morning parked on the street right next to the cla building.

Bostedquest said:
a comparator circuit would be easiest...
with 2 timing circuits/or dual timing chip...

I was thinking any uC with an analog to digital converter would be an easy way to to do this. You'd just need a precision voltage reference, which are pretty cheap from Digi-Key. Just design your circuit to drop your input voltage down to 1-5V and run an A/D conversion on it. Once it hits 5V, make the LED flash twice, once it hits 1V, make it flash once. Total cost for components would probably be about $10 or less, unless you wanted to make it fancy and etch your own PCBs.

hey you still have the black stockies on your car right? if you do, i saw your car this morning parked on the street right next to the cla building.

Yeah that was my car. It's cool to see another cpoly guy on tuners :thumb: If you ever seen a black 2g on black gsx rims w/ a polished lip, he's on here too. BTW what classes have you taken for ME, if you haven't gone to far with your CE classes you could definately change up.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back